Chapter Seven - Dreams

The whole day the only thing we did was shopped. I got a few new outfits, beauty products, and my favorite, a Canon Rebel t3i.

We went out to eat at some fancy restaurant I had never heard of.

"I'll have the chicken scampi, please." Danielle was finishing her order. I was next. I couldn't eat anything. Not tonight. "Harry, I can't eat anything right now." I whispered to him with a worried look on my face.

“Georgia, you have to. If they find out you’re not eating they’ll ask a ton of questions. Just order a small salad or something. Please?” He replied calmly.

“Okay, I’ll try to…” I said as the waiter collected Danielle’s menu and moved over to me.

“And what would you like tonight?” He asked.

“Uh,” I looked nervously over at Harry and back to the waiter, “A small Cesar salad, please.”

Okay, and would you like anything else?” He asked. 

“No, that’s it.” I gave him my menu and he continued with the other orders.

~

“The food’s here!” I heard Niall exclaim.

The waiter slowly placed the salad in front of me.  Harry was right. I couldn’t let the others know about my disorder. Bite by bite I slowly finished the salad. I had to say, I was proud of myself. Everyone slowly finished their meals and we all ended up in one huge conversation about whales. Yes, we were talking about the different types of whales. In the middle of our discussion, my stomach started to hurt really badly.  Zayn noticed something was wrong when I doubled over in pain at the table. My stomach wasn’t used to this much food.

“You okay Georgia?” Zayn asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I faked it.

I looked over at Harry. He observed everything that was happening.

“We need to go soon.” I mouthed to him. He nodded, understanding what was going on.

“Well guys, I’m going to take Georgia back to her apartment. Louis, will you ride with Niall and Zayn back to the flats so I can take Georgia?” he asked as he stood up.

“Sure mate!” Louis said.

“Let’s go Georgia. Bye everyone. See you later.” Harry said putting his jacket on.

I stood up, grabbed my purse, turned around and said my goodbyes to everyone, then walked out of the restaurant. Harry held the door open for me as we slowly walked into the cool night air.

“Which car is yours?” I asked looking up at him. He pulled his keys from his pocket and clicked a button. Suddenly, a car alarm beeped twice and I looked over to a stunning silver car. I looked back up at Harry, who now had a half smirk on his face.

“Let’s go, babe.” He chuckled. We walked over to the car. He opened the passenger seat and I hopped in. He quickly walked around to the driver’s side and got in. He started the car and we slowly backed out of the parking lot.

~

“Do you need anything from the store before we get to your apartment?” Harry said breaking the silence.

“No, I’m fine.” I said without looking at him.

“You know, you were having a really bad dream last night,” He said looking at me contently, “What was it about?”

“Uh, can we not talk about it now?” I asked.

“Whatever you want.” He said as we continued to drive.

~

We finally pulled up to my apartment, thank the Lord. That was the most awkward car ride I have ever experienced. I gathered my things and pushed open the door, “Thanks for the ride.” I said getting out of the car.

“No problem, anytime.” He said watching me carefully.

I walked halfway up the driveway and noticed he was still there.

“You can leave now…” I said to him.

“Uh, I knew that.” He said with his head down, hiding embarrassment.

“You want to come in, don’t you?” I asked.

“Well, if you don’t mind.” He said.

“Sure, come on.” He rolled his window up, took the key out of the ignition, and walked up to the front door.

As I opened the door, Harry said, “You still have to tell me about that dream.”

“I know.” I said walking inside, throwing my bags down onto the kitchen counter. Harry followed me into the living room.

“You have a nice place.” He said picking up a picture of me and my old dog, FiFi. Putting it back down, he walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

“Give me a tour?” He said pulling me to the next room. I pulled my hand away from his as we walked through the doorway.

“Woah, what room is this?” he said, walking over to the grand piano in the center of the room.

“This is my music room. This is where I come to let out all of my emotion.” I replied, not making eye contact. I sat down on the piano bench and ran my hand over the keys.

“After Elizabeth died, and I came home from telling you, I came in here and let out all of my emotions. I fell asleep on the floor, crying. I had a dream that night. She came and sat down next to me on a park bench,” I said as I stared off into space, Harry watching me contently. “I was crying with my head down. I didn’t know she was there until she placed a hand on my shoulder. She told me everything was going to be okay, that things will get better in the future,” I said, a tear rolling down my cheek as I recalled the story, “I looked up at her, she was smiling, happy, peaceful. I looked at her in awe and amazement. How could someone be so happy? And I realized, it was because she wasn’t suffering anymore. She was free,” Now Harry was sitting on the bench with me, still listening, “She told me she had to go now. I cried so hard. I tried to pull her back to me, but something else, a stronger force, was pulling her away. It felt like something had been ripped from me, just taken away in a heartbeat. She can’t be replaced. And I realized that. The dream felt so real. It felt like it was actually happening. And then I woke up, in this same devastating world with no one.” I finished.

“You have me.” He said scooting a little bit closer.

“See, Harry, I don’t want you. I’m only tolerating you.” I said, looking him in the eyes.

He looked away for a second, and then looked back.

“Harry, I know your sister just died, I know how hard it’s been, but I just can’t forgive you for everything you’ve done. I don’t think it’s humanly possible. I know after all of this blows over you’re still going to be the same ass you were two years ago. Someone can’t change that fast and I know good and well you haven’t. You don’t want me either. I’m just a shitload of walking disaster and burden. No one wants me. And I don’t need anyone.”

“Georgia, that’s not true.” He said grabbing my hand, gently rubbing circles with his thumbs.

“Yes it is. You don’t understand what it’s like to feel this way. You have to break apart to be built back up again. And you wouldn’t know what that feels like because you have everything you need right at your fingertips.”

“Georgia,” he said, tears swelling up in his eyes, “There are people in this world that love you and care for you. You may not see it yet, but they do. I understand you had your best friend, practically sister, ripped away from you, but I have no clue what you’re feeling right now. All I know is that you’re hurt, and someone needs to help you through it.” He said as our faces inched slowly together. He put his hand on the small of my back pulling me closer to him. Slowly, yet passionately, he kissed me. His soft, pink, plump lips crashed against mine. I was lost somewhere in space before I realized what was going on, but I didn’t try to stop him. I was kissing the boy I hated the most, but it felt so right, at the moment.