Chapter Four - Goodbye Elizabeth

*The Day of Elizabeth's Funeral ; Georgia's P.O.V.*

I woke up at 9:30, dreading today. The last thing I wanted to do was go to my best friend's funeral.

I got in the shower. After I washed my hair and shaved I got out and dried off. After I blow dried my hair, I curled it. My long brown hair hung around my waist in beautiful long curls. I had to admit, this was the best my hair has ever looked. Then, I did my makeup. I did somewhat of a smokey eye, with winged eyeliner, mascara, and I added a little color to my lips. I went over to my closet and pulled out my favorite dress. I had never worn it before. Me and Elizabeth bought matching dresses, so it seemed right to wear it to her funeral. It was a black dress that cut off right above the knee. The top half, until the waist, was a pearly pink with black lace over the top of it. At the waistline there was a bow. It fit me perfectly, it wasn't too short or too long. I slid on a pair of black pumps and headed out the door.

The morgue wasn't very far from my apartment, so I walked. It was nice to talk a walk every once in a while and just think.

I was walking down the street and saw a park. I remember when me and Elizabeth and Harry used to go to the park. Wait. What? Why did I just have that flashback?

"Now is not the time, Georgia!" I said to myself. I knew if I thought about Elizabeth too much I would fall apart. I had to wait until after the funeral.

I got to the morgue right on time. There were only a few close friends and family there. Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Simon, and Paul were all there, and a few other people I didn't know about. Of course her parents were there, too.  Harry looked devastated. I didn't really know anyone else, so I went to sit by Harry.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked as I sat down in the chair.

"Um.. Not really," he chocked "Just a little sad. I'll be fine, though." He tried to smile.

"Alright..." I said, as I pulled out the bulliten for the program.

This was the worst thing I have ever done in my life. I sat there, crying the whole time. It really hit me today that I would never see her again. Never. All of those times we had, the concerts we went to, when the love of her life broke her heart and we spent all night eating ice cream and crying together. It was all gone, forever. She's not coming back. She didn't deserve to die.

At one part in the service, people stood up and told a story about how Elizabeth impacted their lives. Harry slowly stood up, reaching for the microphone and turning around he said "She was the best sister anyone could ever ask for. I'm not going to say too much because I know I'll just make myself cry," he half-smiled a little, making the people chuckle, "but I didn't get to say bye to her, and it hurts. But I know she is in a better place now and she will be missed a lot." He turned back around and handed the mic to someone else. 

As soon as I stopped crying they announced that the procession to the  cemetery would began, which of course made me cry again.

We all exited out to the parking lot. There was a shiny black limo waiting in the front for immediate family. I watched as Harry and the boys got into the limo. As soon as the car started, Harry yelled across the parking lot "Georgia, what are you doing? Get in the limo!" I had no choice but to ride with them.

~

I stood there and watched them lower her body into the ground. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst out with tears, not caring about how I looked. The wind picked up and leaves blew off the trees. I felt a shiver up my spine. I looked up to see two birds flying side by side. A few seconds later, one of the birds started to fly higher and left the other one. I knew she was saying goodbye to me. I whispered the words "I love you" in so low of a voice I couldn't even here myself. The wind picked up again and the bird was no where to be seen, just the one lone bird remaining, by itself. Goosebumps appeared on my arms, and I got the chills. After a few seconds, the wind stopped and the sun returned to the sky.

 After we buried her, Simon Cowell came up to me. I have only talked to this man once, and all I said to him was "hello". I couldn't wait to find out what he was about to say.

"Hello, Georgia." He said calmly walking up to me.

"Hi?" I said hesitantly.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, but I have a proposal for you. So, I've done some research and noticed that you are an aspiring photographer. Would you like to be a photographer for One Direction? You will go on tour with them, get front row tickets and backstage passes, I will buy you your own camera and everything, but," he said, "you have to move in with the boys and promise you won't quit. I really need you. I am willing to pay you $5,000 a month, if you agree. Besides, isn't this what you've always wanted to be?"

Woah. This was a lot to think about in such a  short period of time. I mean, this job is fantastic.  I've always wanted to be a photographer and now was my chance. But, I have to stay with the boys, in their house, with them. That means I'll be around the world's biggest douche bag 24/7.

"I don't know, me and Harr-" he cut me off.

"Please, how about I pay for all of your food expenses, too?"  I ate a lot so that was a pretty good deal.

"Okay..... Fine, I'll do it." I said.

"Great! You'll start today, you can go home and pack all of your things and take them to the boys' apartments. I'll have them come over later to help. See you later, Georgia. Oh, and thank you so much." He walked away.

*Harry's P.O.V*

"Done." Simon said as he sat down next to me by Elizabeth's grave.

"What? She actually agreed to it?" I asked a little cheerfully.

"Yeah, I'm going to send you and the boys over later to help her move her things into your apartment."

"No way. This isn't happening. Thank you so much Simon. You don't know how much this means to me!"

"No, it's fine. Just make sure you don't have too much fun with her." He winked, got up and walked off.

"It'll be a long time before that happens..." I said with a smile on my face as I watched her from where I was sitting. She truly was beautiful.

~

A/N 

So it wasn't that good, and kind of depressing, but I promise the next chapter will be longer! Vote & Comment <3