𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ❣︎

you fall in love with the most
unexpected person at the most
unexpected time.

As I awoke to the bright sun that streamed into my room, I remembered that my birthday would be arriving in precisely about a week

As I awoke to the bright sun that streamed into my room, I remembered that my birthday would be arriving in precisely about a week. Just by this information, I get out of my bed, all of the sleepiness leaving my eyes, and head into my bathroom for my morning routine.

Afterwards, I greet Snowball and pick her up as I exit my room and head downstairs where the smell of breakfast greets me.

"Good morning mama!" I joyfully say as I hop onto the stool in front of the kitchen island and set Snowball safely on my lap.

"Morning honey," Both my parents answer and my stepmother places a bowl of oatmeal in front of me, specifically the apples and cinnamon flavor because it's one of my favorites! She also takes Snowball off my lap and feeds her a few pieces of spinach and carrots.

My father gives both me and my stepmother a kiss on my head as he passes us to get his daily cup of coffee before work.

"What's got you so chipper and bright this morning dear?" My stepmother inquires and looks at me suspiciously as if I have something up my sleeve.

A bright smile overtakes my face as I answer her, "Because my birthday is next week!"

"You're excited aren't you?" She says as she chuckles at me.

"Mhm!" I take a big bite out of my oatmeal and swing my legs back and forth.

"Well good cause we have a surprise for you." She looks at me excitedly and my father sighs disappointedly.

"Honey, I thought we agreed to not tell her that." He says and my stepmother turns to him with a pout.

"I couldn't keep it in anymore, sorry love." My father laughs at her and pulls her in by her waist and gives her a shirt and sweet kiss on the lips. I look away to give them their privacy but I also think about how happy I am for my father after all these years.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・

It's now the afternoon and I stare up at my ceiling in boredom. What should I do?

I'm pretty sure Damon is busy right now and I don't really feel like painting today.

As I debate what I should do, I recall my stepmother mentioning a new coffee shop that opened up a few days ago.

Heading to my closet, I pick an outfit to wear.