CHAPTER 1- THE LITTLE PRINCE

A/N- My first official chapter for this book. I feel all jittery and excited. I know it took literally forever for me to update but here it is. Finally! Tell me what y'all think about it at the end. Also, do you guys think I should change the book cover?🤔

___________________________

Jungkook didn't think he'd seen a prettier human being. The little girl was probably around his age, he deduces.

Jungkook was hiding from his nanny when he spotted the girl being escorted to the east wing of the palace. His nanny was coming to take him back to his kingdom but he wasn't ready yet. He wanted to play with Taehyung a little bit more and not go back home to study etiquette or whatever his mom insists he learns. Just as he had found refuge between some thick bushes near the east wing, a carriage pulled up and a lady stepped out. A servant of the royal household if he had to guess from the attire she donned. The lady helps a little girl down from the carriage. Her little feet struggle to meet the distance between the step and the ground, too short to make a stable landing. She looked a little scared and unsure of her surroundings but her curious gaze raked over the palace grounds before her gaze narrowed in on the space he occupied. Jungkook felt his eyebrows shoot up. He was concealed quite effectively within the bushes. But the girl zeroed in on the spot where he had taken cover with a crease between her brows. Jungkook was starting to get annoyed at the girl. If she stared any longer, he was going to get exposed and his nanny would find him and drag him back home.

The girl's face breaks out into a naughty smile at once and she turns away quickly before any adult could catch what caught her attention. Jungkook feels his heart stutter in his chest and all his previous annoyance all but flitters away leaving only an eager feeling in his chest. She looked so pretty when she smiled. She stole his breath with her smile. She reminded him of the sun. So radiant. So brilliantly bright. Jungkook forgot why he was annoyed in the first place as he watched her turn her head back to look at him sneakily.

Jungkook rose up from his position on the ground and stood tall and full-on smiled at her, forgetting that he should've been hiding. He didn't care at the moment. He wanted to be her friend and at the moment, he wanted her eyes back on him. But the girl had already turned back and was heading inside. Just when he thought she was going to disappear inside, his nanny grabs him by the ear and pulls him from the bushes. "Prince Jeon! I was looking everywhere for you in the past hour and you're out here hiding? You have lessons to attend to young man.", she scolds him.

At that moment Jungkook wanted to hug his nanny more than anything because her shouting turned everyone's attention toward them. The servants passing by, the guards, and most importantly, the little girl. She takes one look at his predicament and bursts out laughing. A joyous melody escaping out of her while she struggled to hold it in with her little hands covering her mouth. All he could do was stupidly smile at her as his nanny pulled him away by his ear, his little arms flailing around.

The bystanders couldn't help but shake their heads with a smile at the Little Prince's antics.

_________

Jungkook couldn't sit still in his carriage. His little feet kept bouncing with nervous energy.

He was going to the summer palace and he couldn't hold his excitement. His nanny looks over at him and shakes her head imagining all the ways he and Taehyung were going to get into trouble. That's what they usually did after all. But Jungkook had other motives for making a childish fuss the past week to come to the summer palace. Yes, he usually enjoyed his best friend Taehyung's company. But his newfound stubbornness to go to the neighboring kingdom was for a totally different reason. The girl he saw the last time he was there- he wanted to see her again.