Chapter 1: Wish

"What's your wish?" The Primordial One asked.

"Wishes are mere futile attempts to fix a failed outcome, only human mortals have wishes," The person lying before him spat.

"You are in no condition to say something like that, you know?" The Primordial One laughed, "Scaramouche, the Balladeer, 6th of the Fatui Harbingers, son of a god."

"Right now, such a being is lying covered in cracks and slowly rotting," The Primordial One mocked, "So, spare us the trouble, and just tell me your wish. I can just leave you to die, if you want so badly."

"..."

Scaramouche looked upon the strange entity, "My wish? Hmph. Fine."

He thought for a moment.

"Reset it all."

"Reset?" The Primordial One asked.

"Yes. You wanted to know my wish, yes? Then reset my story from the beginning. Once you do, I want you to watch it. Watch it from start to end. That is my wish, alright?"

"That's simple." The Primordial One smiled at Scaramouche's wish, "It'll be simple enough for me to watch your story. But do you know the consequences?"

"Consequences? Aren't you someone who defeated the original 7 dragon lords of the elements? I recognize the legends. There was once a god that killed the elements themselves. They were rumoured to be able to grant wishes upon death. So, you who killed the dragon lords that surpassed even the archons? Someone like you has consequences? How strange, tsk." Scaramouche scoffed.

"Of course," The Primordial One said, "Even I have consequences. Such is this world, you cannot create something out of nothing."

"Just hurry up."

"Ho? I've never met someone as bratty as you are." The Primordial One chuckled, "The consequence is the history of the world after your story. By destroying the rest of the world's history, can yours be able to replicate itself."

"I couldn't care less about that." Scaramouche rolled his eyes.

"Do you, really?" They smiled down at him, "You and the rest of your world will slowly fade away, and you will all be aware of it. As the world itself crumbles before you all, do you really want yourself to go through that?"

"I'll be dead." He said as more and more fragments of himself start shattering. "Is watching really such a big deal for you? I'm going to be dead anyway in a few minutes."

"That's true."

"But-"

The Primordial One eerily crept closer to Scaramouche, "You'll be dead. At least, in this world you will."

"Huh-"

"I do not ask for the reason behind one's wishes, but you, Balladeer, I will grant a special wish for you."

"What are you-"

The Primordial one clenched onto Scaramouche's neck as he gagged.

"Come, watch with me. Let us watch your story together."

"Watching with another is always more fun, is it not?"

-----------------------------------------