jailbreak

Y/n pov:

Three years after I had entered this hell, I'm still here with no sign of rescue anytime soon. My whole body was still sore from the tests the atlas scientists made me go through, but It's nothing new. I'm still not sure what the 'tests' even are. Sometimes I'm injected with mysterious fluids, sometimes I'm scanned by machinery, and sometimes I even have to fight some robots. It usually sucks, but It's the only time I have access to my semblance, since the semblance-canceling handcuffs I'm forced to wear are removed. It doesn't matter much though, I can't overpower the scary robot that does the testing.

Right now, the guards escorting me had finally led me to the cafeteria, where I sat down and ate the almost expired fruits, and some mysterious, grey slop. I think It's supposed to be mashed potatoes, but the pungent smell tells me otherwise.

Sitting at my usual table, a few of my prison buddies moved over to sit next to me. Since nearly everyone here was affiliated with the white fang, they all loved me. I had even grown attached to a few of them.

After finally taking a bite out of my bruised pear, I felt weight press down on my shoulder. Looking over, it was my closest friend Daniel, the raccoon. Turns out, he's an actual prisoner here, with a twenty year sentence for 'racial violence'. I'm not sure how a raccoon can be racist enough to be sent to a maximum security prison, but I don't question it anymore.

While I was enjoying my sour pear, my friend Eugene started a conversation with me. Eugene was a bunny faunus who used to guard sienna Khan herself, but got captured by atlas during an escort.

Eugene: ugh, I thought the white fang would care if you were captured!

Y/n: I'm sure they do! They just...can't get us yet.

Eugene: well, I guess they did lose Adam. Oh well, all we have to do is get those cuffs off of you and we should have a red carpet leading us to the exit.

Y/n: if only it was that easy...I can't see myself taking out that robot anytime soon.

Eugene: what robot?

Y/n: the guard robot in the science lab I told you about. It's crazy strong.

Taking another bite of my pear, I felt Daniel pat the back of my head to comfort me.

An ear piercing buzz radiated from the wall behind me, signaling that my lunch was over. Being escorted back to my shared cell with Daniel, I jumped into my rock hard mattress and looked at my reflection through the mirror I was given. I noticed the scales on my faunus ears and tail had turned to a darker shade of white, the opposite of my now pale skin. No longer was I a little kid, but just a few years shy of a full grown adult.

Thinking about my all of the trauma I went through and caused my family, my eyes became glazed with tears as regret teared me apart. To think if I hadn't had my semblance, I'd be living happily with two sisters and parents. To think that if I wasn't such a clumsy piece of shit, My mother would have just led me home to my family, where I'd definitely get scolded for being a complete idiot, but later we'd laugh anytime we remember that it happened. But no, I just had to have tripped, and I just had to have killed my own mother, and I just had to run away.

Sobbing into my prison jumper, I felt Daniel tightly embracing me. Sure, it was a very small hug, but it was the warmest, coziest thing I've felt in a long time. Once I leveled my breathing, I gave him a small hug in return and laid down to sleep.

3RD POV~~

swiftly soaring through the sky, a massive convoy of bulkheads made their way through the fluffy clouds above atlas. On the side of each of them, was the white fang insignia proudly smacked against the doors. Inside the leading bulkhead, sat a focused Adam Taurus using a communication device.