Interlude before Summer Begins

Começar do início

The others in the call were laughing seeing 1-A getting verbally gutted by their own homeroom teacher. Who needs a Howler when you can just throw a pissed-off Eraserhead at these guys?

Eraserhead: "In the end, Nanami was the one to save everyone and dispose of the threat..."

I felt my fists clench as Midoriya spoke up.

Midoriya: "But sir! She killed him! That isn't how a hero acts!!!"

Nonon gave a derisive snort. "Idiot..." Couldn't have said it better myself....

Imagine my surprise when Eraserhead spoke in my defense.

Eraserhead: "Midoriya, there are moments where you have to choose whether someone lives or not. You can't save everyone..."

Like I didn't say this before back at I-Island....

Midoriya noticed as he visibly flinched at his homeroom teacher's words.

Eraserhead: "But anyway, that's all I had to say. All of you be ready for training tomorrow and the punishments will be doled out accordingly as those who were directly involved..."

Everyone flinched at this before they were dismissed.

Before the feed cut out, Eraserhead sighed before grumbling under his breath. "For someone who doesn't want to be a hero, she has more rationality and common sense than all of my students as a whole..."

With that, the video ended.

I looked back into the camera on my laptop.

"So yeah, sorry you guys witnessed my outburst back at I-Island..." I rubbed the back of my neck with embarrassment. The past couple of days I kinda been avoiding answering their calls and texts and it came to the point that Chihiro opened up a video groupchat to get me to speak to them.

"You kidding?!" Mine spoke up.

"We told you that it wasn't your fault," Rico added.

"Or did you miss that particular text from all of us?" Nonon asked with sass, making me blush a bit with shame.

"Sorry...." I muttered. "I'll be up front, I wasn't ready to talk yet. I'm pretty sure without my cousin intervening, I would have put this off until the night before I go on my vacation..."

Nonon sighed. "Understandable. But please don't scare us like that..."

Lucy spoke up. "That aside, you had the chance to tell off your stalker from your middle school days and have your point made across to many people from many different countries and his class..."

"She's got a point," Amu added.

"Yeah maybe so, but from what we just saw, I doubt that's gonna be the last I'll be seeing of Midoriya...." I felt glum at the thought. "He's a persistent bastard hellbent on inserting himself into my life and try to save or change me into his delusions... He's no better than that rat bastard Nedzu..."

I dropped my head into my hands, Nezuko popping up on my lap where the others could see her as she crawled around, sniffing the screen and camera lens before I picked her up and began to pet her.

"So..." Lucy decided to change the subject, "since some of us are still here for a bit thanks to the hero course, what is everyone doing?"

"Getting ready to do some traveling..." I answered. "I already got my summer homework done thanks to Chisa-sensei coming over to my place."

Nonon raised an eyebrow. "Do you find it a bit questionable that a teacher as good looking and young as her paying a house call for you in specific."

I gave her a deadpan look. "You try to stop her. I most definitely can't..." Hell, even Arceus is scared of her. Between her and my aunt....