sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

a loud yawn resonated from the girl's chest, eyes squinting at her screen that reflected off her rounded glasses

her eyes bags more prominent than ever as she sat at her desk with papers scattered on her table filled with notes and scribbles. her laptop screen dim in the dark room, the only light source being her lamp and laptop.

she shut her eyes tightly, slipping her glasses off and felt the burning in her eyeballs causing her to hiss slightly.

blinking her eyes open, yeonhee's eyes roamed her empty room- spotting her alarm clock that displayed the time.

02:17 am.

feeling as if all the walls of her room were closing in on her, yeonhee started panting for air. the pressure of the work on her desk staring right back at her was becoming unbearable.

she found herself tip-toeing down the hall and stairs and slipping on her coat over her pajamas as quietly as she could before she shut the door behind her being greeted by the cold air brushing against her exposed skin.

shuddering from the cold, yeonhee stuffed her hands in her pockets and hugging her jacket closer to her trembling figure to try attract some warmth.

her shoes stepped on the icy grass, feeling the crunch beneath her feet as she made her way to the familair bridge subconsciously.

finally, some fresh air.

yeonhee's eyes trailed down to the river below her, the wind blowing through her long brown hair giving a clear view of her face that held exhaustion.

her hands gripped the freezing cold railings as she leaned over the edge shutting her eyes and taking steady breathes before fluttering her eyelashes open.

hearing the sound of footsteps behind her, yeonhee looked over her shoulder only to make eye contact with the boy she hadn't stopped thinking about for the past few days.

"if you wanna jump make it quick." jisung said with a ghost of a smirk. instead of throwing him a witty remark, yeonhee simply didn't have the energy for that and lazily rolled her eyes at him.

letting out a yawn, yeonhee rubbed her eyes with her hoodie sleeve pulling her hand away giving jisung a view of her face and the wind blowing on her face causing it to make her nose and cheeks turn dusty pink.

cute.

jisung blinked his eyes in disbelief at himself, lightly slapping his cheek lightly at his thought process.

"why're you out so late?"
"could ask you the same question."

yeonhee sighed, playing with her fingernails as she stared at her bare hands and lifted her head to look across the bridge. the array of city lights twinkling like the stars in the sky, the distant sound of cars passing by yet the streets near her were empty.