ᴛᴇɴ

yeonhee sat quietly in her seat, flipping through pages of the manga she was reading while waiting for the professer to start their lesson

the classroom was getting fuller and fuller by the second, time nearing to their first class.

class usually started at around 9 am and it was now 8:50 yet a certain white haired boy wasn't in class yet.

it's not like yeonhee cared, she was just curious since she's never seen jisung miss a single class since they started the school year.

"good morning, class." the business teacher greeted earning quiet 'good mornings' from her students. yeonhee's eyes seemed to still be searching for her seatmate but to no avail.

hm, guess no holes in my neck today. yeonhee shrugged before paying attention to the lesson infront of her.

"okay so today you guys have an assignment to get done. it involves partner work so everyone will get into pairs," sounds of excitement filled the hall excluding yeonhee who wasn't too thrilled about it.

she had no friends in this class. actually, besides juyeon and miri, yeonhee had nobody.

"ah ah ah, before you get all excited. you do your assignment with the person sitting beside you."

while everyone took out their material, yeonhee just sat there. she didn't have a seatmate. so that meant she had no partner.

getting up from her seat, yeonhee took quick steps towards her teacher after she explained what exactly they had to do for the assignment.

"um, excuse me, ma'am. my seatmate is uh not here today so can i just work on the project myself?" yeonhee softly asked.

mrs ju, their teacher, shook her head. "this project requires group work. so both of you need to work together. start with your partner tomorrow, for now just brainstorm ideas."

and that's how yeonhee ended up sitting alone, at the back of the class with a blank piece of paper.

usually for these type of assessments, yeonhee did the work on her own to finish quicker as group work wasn't her cup of tea but unfortunately for her, her major is business and business requires a lot of group activities.

sighing, yeonhee just scribbled random things around the page, not having a set idea on what she was even doing.

she thought of ways to get in contact with jisung as she didn't have his number, where he lived, etc. she knew nothing about him yet she needed him so ba
dly.

i'll have to ask his friends during lunch.

"um, hey."

the soft voice, almost went unheard by the group of boys who's voices were so loud they couldn't even hear their selves.

it was lunch time and yeonhee planned on asking jisung's friends for his contact details.

"uh hello?" yeonhee tried again, her voice a little higher yet no avail.

she started growing agitated by being ignored by the group. "guys!" her voice went a few advocates higher finally getting the attention of one of them.

"bae!" jaemin exclaimed, yeonhee's eyebrows rising a fraction seeing the school's heartthrob knew her name.

ignoring the small blush on her round cheeks. "so uh," she noticed a few people passing by looking at them and proceeding to whispet to their friends.

not enjoying the attention yeonhee sat on the free chair, scooting closer to the group of boys and keeping her voice a little lower.

"give me jisung's number."

haechan choked on what he was drinking from yeonhee's bluntness. the only reason she was so blunt is because she wanted to get the conversation over with so the attention on her would drift away.

sighing she explained herself, "we have a project assigned and he's my partner but he's not here today. i need to contact him."

"why isn't he here anyways?" the boys shared looks before shrugging saying they didn't know themselves. yeonhee knew they were lying but luckily she didn't pry.

renjun stretched his hand out towards yeonhee, earning a confused expression from the girl and he sighed. "i'll type jisung's number."

with a small 'oh', the girl took out her phone oepning the phone app and handed it over to the chinese.

she sat there awkwardly, watching the boys conversate and renjun nudge haechan beside to help him remember jisung's contact details.

in the midst of it all, yeonhee stared at one of them; their eyes locking with hers. "are you a vampire too?"

her sudden question made the whole table go silent. chenle froze, eyes widening a fraction looking at yeonhee. she had her eyebrows furrowed in curiousity waiting for her answer.

"uhhh.."

"i saw you the other day drag a girl and walk out. you had blood on your lips and i saw your fangs. so are you?" she elaborated.

everyone's eyes shifted to an uncomfortable chenle, he didn't know what to say so he paused.

chenle just nodded sheepishly. "so are you all vampires?" she asked after his response but they shook their heads shocking her momentarily.

"renjun's a demon, hyuck's a hellhound and jaemin's a werewolf." chenle explained, naming everyone and that left yeonhee thinking.

so there's more mystical creatures here besides vampires? wait, RENJUN'S A WHOLE ASS DEMON??

yeonhee's mouth hung open, blinking her lashes trying to register everything. "oh." was all she could mutter before shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

this would definitely take a while to adjust to but she'll manage.

renjun handed the only human at the table her phone which she gave him a small 'thank you' before mustering up the courage to wave, leaving the table.

making it back to her friend's original table, shrugging off their questions with stupid excuses and continuing with her day. the thoughts of jisung's absence still lingering in her head.

what a day. . .

i'm gonna try uploud atleast once a week! it's tough tho, i'll try my best

i'm gonna try uploud atleast once a week! it's tough tho, i'll try my best. 😭🙏

i finally kinda know where this book is going. expect the unexpected ;)