Chapter 5

Aashika wore her silver hooped dangling earrings while glancing at her reflection in the mirror. She took an overall look at herself before she could turn towards her brother who was sitting on his study table while working on his laptop. 

"Tell me Atharva, how am I looking?" Aashika asked, tugging her low ponytail at the front. 

"Di, asking me the same question again and again, won't make me compliment a monkey-face." Atharva muttered, his eyes staying fixed to the screen.

And soon enough received a tight smack on his head. 

"Oww didi! I'm not in a mood to play boxing-boxing with you now." He whined, facing her this time. 

"Then who told you to start throwing up shit from that trap of yours? And I'm bigger than you in age, so respect me!" Aashika spatted, trying to threaten him with her glares. 

"Di, being elder to me in age doesn't gives you a greater height and maturity than mine." Atharva countered back while smirking at her.

Before Aashika could scold him, a bell ring chimed throughout the entire house. 

"I guess, he's here. Tell me naah Atharva, How am I looking?" She pleaded while adjusting her top. 

"Horrifying enough to make him put the clutch onto the reverse gear and run off." Atharva replied, causally swinging on his office chair. 

"You-" Aashika's further words were interrupted by her mother's yelling. 

"Coming mom!" She yelled back and quickly scurried to the living room. 

"Enjoy your date." Atharva yelled and Aashika showed a thumbs-up before vanishing from his sight.

Soon she was greeted with the sight of a man wearing a white crisp shirt and blue jeans while his sleeves were rolled up till his fore arms which made him look overly handsome. 

Ignoring his lil belly fat, Aashika couldn't stop herself from drooling over the sight of his broad shoulders and arms. Her gaze soon settled upon his blushing face, making her raise her brows in amusement.

"Nishant, I hope my daughter isn't troubling you much." Avantika broke the silence while Aashika huffed at her question. 

"No no aunty. She's a very humble lady. There's never a hint of any trouble when it comes to her." Nishant replied with a genuine smile. 

"Well, take care of my daughter and make sure you get her here by 10pm." Sharad demanded sternly while Nishant hurriedly nodded in affirmation.

"Papa, it's not like he is taking me somewhere when the reality is completely vice versa. So you should scare me off instead of scaring him." Aashika tried to joke which wasn't recieved on a positive note by her father. 

"Well, do you want me to do that then?" Sharad asked, glaring at her intently for her outspoken behaviour. His glare bought Aashika back to her senses. 

"Ofcourse not papa. I'll be back soon." She chuckled nervously and scurried towards the exit. 

"Will see you again soon uncle and aunty. Bye." Nishant bowed in respect while Avantika bid him farewell, a little more enthusiastically.

Soon they headed downstairs towards the parking lot and settled into Nishant's car. He roared the engine to life and started driving. 

"So where is this beach-side restaurant located, to be exact?" Nishant interrupted the silence drawn between them. 

"I don't know much to be honest. All I know is that it is the only restaurant situated near the coastline of Betalbatim beach. So I guess it won't be much of a work for us to find it." Aashika shrugged.