The Power Of Observation Haki.

Start from the beginning

"C'mon don't pout, boss." Punch said, trying to lighten the mood. "Leave it to us."

Shanks, still upset, backs off and allows the officers to take over. Uta sits on deck and prepares for her lessons.

"Many people use Observation Haki in many uses." Yasopp said. "In your case, it's to detect emotion."

Uta nods as she listens to the sniper.

"So to help you out, put this blindfold on and deafen your headset by fifty percent." Yasopp concludes. "Try and sense how we're feeling without the use of sight and minimal sound."

Uta does as instructed and wraps a blindfold around her eyes and adjusts the settings on her headset. She then sits and waits for anything to happen. Anything at all. After a few minutes, Uta resets her headset.

"How can I tell if it's working?" Uta asks as she waves her head around. "How do I know if I sense something?"

"This is training." Snake said from her right. "You'll have to figure that out yourself."

Uta clicks her tongue in annoyance. Some help these guys are.

"Remember, you've just awakened this new power of yours." Beckmen said from somewhere behind her. "Don't expect to get results right off the bat. Just focus."

With that someone deafens Uta's headset and she finds herself back to square one.

Alright, I just need to focus. Uta told herself. I need to focus.

It has been about ten minutes and Uta's head is beginning to hurt from trying to sense anything. She can't even tell if the crew is still anywhere near her. She's becoming impatient with this training.

They probably left by now. Uta thought after waiting. I'll just take a break.

Whenever Uta becomes bored, she hums 'Where The Wind Blows', the song she came up with last year. Surely a little break wouldn't hurt. She begins to replay the lyrics in her head and begins to drift off in her imaginary world. All of the sudden, she once again gets the feeling of being watched and stopped humming.

It's that feeling again. Uta said as she swerved her head. It's gone. Was that haki?

Uta decides to leave her blindfold on and keep herself deafen. Just to make sure if anyone is still there, she waves her arms around as a way of saying to back off. She then stops to think to herself for a moment.

Both times, I felt that presence. Uta said to herself. And both of those times happen whenever I sing or hum. Does my haki only work under those conditions?

Uta decides to test herself. She begins to humm again, but instead of drifting herself away, she tries to focus on her surroundings. She memorized her own song by heart so singing the song is almost like breathing for her. Still, doing both took a great deal of effort.

I sense it again! Uta thought happily. I can feel them around me, no, I can feel their happiness!

Uta points in directions that she feels where each presence of happiness is stronger. She does this multiple times, but when she finishes humming, it all fades away. The girl rips off her blindfold to see all of the officers surrounding her.

"Did I do it?!" Uta asks excitedly. "I did it, didn't I?!"

Shanks went up and took off his daughter's headset. Something he only does on rare moments.

"You really are my daughter." Shanks said, patting her head lovingly. "To think you're able to harness the power of Haki so fast."

"To think, your haki only works when you sing!" Hongo said laughing. "I never seen anyone do it like that before!"