Chapter 575: Untitled

It was lunchtime by the time Li Beinian stepped in through the front door.

Aunt Jiang had just finished cooking and was pleasantly surprised to see her. “Old Master, Nian Nian is here to eat with you.”

The Old Master had already come out of the study and was strolling leisurely with his cane. When he saw Li Beinian, he snorted. “Just look at you, such a disgrace.”

Li Beinian had a fright. Her first reaction was to wonder if the marks on her neck were exposed.

She subconsciously covered her neck and realized that her grandfather was looking at her clothes.

She looked down at her own outfit. She was in a pair of black trousers, a short-sleeved dark-colored sweater, and a pair of black leather shoes. What was wrong with that?

Old Master Li humphed. “If you raise your hand again, your belly button will be exposed. How disgraceful!”

Embarrassed, the girl retorted, “Of course not. This is a high-collared sweater. A short top makes my legs look longer.”

“Hmph.” Old Master Li wasn’t the least bit interested to hear her out. He sat down at the dining table and asked, “How many days have you rested for?”

The implied question was, of course: How many days have you been fooling around with him?

Feeling even more embarrassed now, Li Beinian answered. “It was only yesterday. And today you’ve busted us. Nothing escapes your eyes, seriously.”

“There’s no need to try flattery.” Old Master Li waved his hand, but there was a smug expression on his face. “It’s your father’s birthday tomorrow. After you’ve eaten, go and buy a gift as a token of your sincerity. We’ll go back to your father’s place and stay there for the night.”

“Stay there?” Li Beinian frowned. “It’s not like I don’t have a place to stay.”

“No matter what, he’s your father.” Old Master Li sighed. “There’s no overnight enmity between father and daughter. Your father doesn’t know about your situation and the decisions he’s made are for your own good.”

Li Beinian laughed when she heard this.

Old Master Li did not speak further, given her reaction. Instead, he called her over and sat down for lunch.

After lunch, Li Beinian left.

After all, it was Li Haoran’s birthday. It was the first time ever that Li Beinian would be seeing him on his birthday.

Although Li Beinian hated him for always prioritizing Li Xueqing and treating herself badly, Grandpa was right. They were blood relations nevertheless.

During this time in her previous life, she had returned to the Li Family for less than a year, and was rather ignorant.

She had been instigated by Li Xueqing to buy a man’s belt for her father, only to be scolded by Fang Zhili.

She had chided Li Beinian for having ill intentions, giving such an intimate gift to a man.

Initially, giving him a belt was just a gesture of sincerity, but Fang Zhili made it look bad immediately.

However, because she was a shy person in her previous life and was used to being bullied, she did not know how to defend herself.

In this life…

Hehe!

However, a belt was indeed not suitable.

She had never even picked a belt for her man. Why should she give Li Haoran such an honor?

After some thinking, Li Beinian bought a jade ring. It had good colour and transparency, and cost 100,000 yuan.