Chapter 573: Separating Us

Immediately, Li Beinian understood what he meant.

She subconsciously looked up at Mu Xichen and chuckled.

That explained Mu Xichen’s strange expression.

Feigning ignorance, the girl asked, “So?”

How could Li Haoran not know that Li Beinian was pretending? He continued, “Donglin is true to you. In what ways is the Mu Family not worthy of you?”

“Given the Mu Family’s background, what exactly isn’t good enough for you?” Li Beinian smiled, but it was hard to miss the hint of iciness in her voice. “Since you like to be associated with Mu Donglin so much, why don’t you undergo a gender change so that you can marry him?”

Li Haoran shook with anger and hollered. “You little bastard! I’m your father, how dare you speak to me like that!”

“You do realize you’re my father?” Li Beinian sneered. “No apologies, I’ve always been like this. If you don’t like to hear these things, don’t call me. This way, you don’t disgust others and yourself.”

Li Haoran was about to speak again, however Li Beinian refused to entertain him further. “I’m watching TV. Got to go.”

Having said that, she hung up.

Looking up at Mu Xichen again, she noticed that his gaze was even more unfathomable now.

She was annoyed and nudged him, “What’s that expression?”

Mu Xichen sat her up and held her firmly in his arms.

The two of them were already in an intimate position, and now that they were in a different position, it was even more intimate.

Li Beinian could feel the warmth of his body through the thin fabric of her garment as she pressed up against him.

She could even feel his heartbeat.

Her heart skipped a beat as she leaned back, her nose touching his chin.

“He might have something else to tell you.” Mu Xichen’s voice was faint and there was a slight reverberation in his chest when he spoke.

Li Beinian snorted. “It’s nothing good anyway.”

Just as she said this, her cell phone rang again.

Li Beinian glanced at it. Indeed, it was Li Haoran calling a second time.

Just as she was about to disconnect the call, a hand stopped her.

Appearing rather interested, Mu Xichen said, “Take it.”

Li Beinian eyed him suspiciously and asked, “What are you up to?”

The man did not answer, but swiped his finger across the screen to connect the call.

Li Beinian had no choice but to turn on the speaker. “What now?”

“Nian Nian!” Li Haoran exclaimed again. “Like it or not, I’m your father. You can’t sever the blood ties between father and daughter. Blood is thicker than water, Nian Nian, I won’t do anything to harm you.”

“Haha.”

Li Beinian was most tempted to be sarcastic and tell him how awesome he was.

He kept saying that it was for her own good, but the fact of the matter was, he just couldn’t bear to let go of the association with the Mu Corporation.

The only response that he got from Li Beinian was a sneer. The conversation became uncomfortable.

Li Haoran’s expression grew sullen and he said, “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re relying on. That lousy Sheng An Corporation would have closed down long ago, if Mu Donglin had made a move.”