35. Chance

"Where's Thea?" Kieth asked, walking into the kitchen starting to make honey and peanut butter toast for breakfast. "I wanted to talk to her but couldn't find her anywhere around the house."

"She's gone, she will be for a while." Alex answered dryly, his back turned while he poured another cup of coffee.
It was clear that he hadn't slept the previous night.

"What do you mean?" Keith said in an uneasy, half laugh.

"Lauren told Thea to not come home until she can figure her shit out." Alex sighed, now facing Keith who was even more confused than before. "She was tried of having to keep her foot in the door for Thea, so she basically told her to make a key. Metaphorically speaking, I mean."

"And you just let her do that?" Keith scoffed, baffled by the fact that Alex would let that happen.

"Kieth," Alex sighed again, not only from being tried from lack of sleep but from the on and off arguing that has been happening lately.
"what could I do? I'm just some guy, Lauren is her mother-"

"Lauren doesn't know what's out there, you do." Kieth said, a disappointment in his tone.
"And you're not just some guy, you've been there for Thea her whole life, more than you ever were for me."

"Look Kieth, I'm trying to make up for the mistakes I made, I want to be here for you now, okay? Im sorry." Alex explained but kept his neutral expression as he didn't want to sound pushy.

Kieth tapped on the marble counter top quietly as he thought out his next sentence, deciding whether to fall in line or stand up for Thea.

"I'm practically an adult, I don't need you anymore, it's too little, too late for me. You weren't there when I needed you.
You really want to make things better?
Then don't do that to Thea, you already have a second chance even if you can't see it." Keith said in trembling breaths, trying to bury the the swelling feeling in his throat.
"Don't waste that chance, Alex."

Alex gave an understanding nod before leaving the kitchen with his coffee so Kieth could go back to making his toast.

»»———— ☾✩☽ ————««

(The previous night)

Thea walked through the cold night with nothing but a duffel bag filled with clothes and some random snacks, her shoes dragging across the cement path.

That was until she found herself back at the McCall house, from the sight of Stiles's jeep in the driveway Thea knew that they were back home from Mexico.

Before she could knock, stiles opened the front door with an almost panicked expression that quickly dialled down when he realised it was just Thea.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?" Stiles asked, ushering her inside.

"I kind of got kicked out and I—"

"What happened to your arms! Did the mark get worse?" Stiles interrupted as he took Thea's duffle bag incase it hurt her arms, as he stared at her bandaged forearms.

"No, the marks the same, Theo he—"

"Thea!" Stiles whisper-yelled at her, being mindful that people were sleeping.
"What the hell were you doing with him?"

"If stop interrupting me—he asked me out, so I thought that maybe he'd explain everything, but he took me to the cabin from when he was a kid and he kissed me and one thing lead to another, I stopped him before it got to serious but—"

"What did he do?" Stiles asked sternly, with a serious expression that Thea wasn't used to seeing on stiles.

"Oh my god, stop interrupting me!" Thea rolled her eyes. "He stoped, nothing like that happened, but we were talking about what had happened that night and be was begging me not to go, that I was his anchor or something and did this to me, accidentally."

Stiles paused for a moment to process the new information, considering if maybe Theo really did care about her in his own messed up way.
He decided it was probably some weird obsessive thing and not love.

"When was this?" Scott asked groggily as he rubbed his eyes, probably hearing the story from his room, Kira following behind him.

Thea leaned around the hallway to look at the clock, 12:15 am.
"Dunno exactly, but around six or seven hours ago, why?"

"Because Theo's planing on finding a werewolf, a blind alpha." Kira said before giving Thea a warm smile to say hello.

looking away from the three in front of her as if she were in deep thought, "Deucalion..." Thea whispered.

"Did Theo tell you his plan?!" Scott asked, snapping fulling awake.

"No, I just know it somehow." Thea replied still in a slightly dazed state.

"Like you've overheard it?" Stiles guessed, still holding Thea's bag that was starting to get to heavy for him.

"No, not that either," Thea sighed.
"it's like remembering a bad dream from when your a kid. You can't really remember anything about it, you just have this feeling of dread when you try to remember, but something can trigger it."

"Like a jump start on your memory." Kira suggested, walking closer in order to move her sleepy legs.

"Yeah, 'blind alpha,' all that I can think of is the word Deucalion." Thea said, still sort of confused by what was happening.

"It's not a word, it's a name. Deucalion is a demon wolf,  the alpha of alphas, or at least he was before we stopped him." Scott explained, turns out he wasn't the only one who felt dread when hearing 'blind alpha.'