14| Suck my fat one you cheap dime-store hood

"Coming thru the woods I bet we saved over an hour. Teddy?" Tilly asked as they stopped in front of a path, on the tracks.

"Yeah?" He looked over at the girl.

"This the Back Harlow road?"

Teddy looked back at the path ahead of them, "Yeah."

Chris stepped forward making the rest of them follow, "Brower-kid must be round here some place. Teddy, you and Vern watch the left side of the tracks, we'll take the right."

"Alright." Teddy agreed.

Tilly and Gordie followed Chris' instructions and started to look around. She couldn't help but think: what if we came all this way for nothing? At that point, finding that kids body became an addiction.

"There he is! I see him! Look! Look over there! I see him! I see him!" Vern yelled out, pointing down a small path close to the river.

None of them could breathe. Somewhere under those bushes was the rest of Ray Brower. The train had knocked him out of his Keds just like it had knocked the life out of his body.

"Jesus." Chris was the first to speak, as they walked closer to the body.

"Man... we found him." Tilly mumbled, keeping her eyes on what she could see of the body.

Chris grabbed a branch from behind Tilly and pushed the bushes that covered the rest of the body. The kid wasn't sick. The kid wasn't sleeping. The kid was dead.

"Let's look for some long branches. We'll build him a stretcher." Chris broke the silence, unraveling some blankets.

Tilly nodded and began to walk away when she noticed Gordie looking more upset then he usually did. "Gordie?" She asked, walking up to him and rubbing her hand on his arm.

Chris noticed the two, walking up to them.

"Why did you have to die?" Gordie spoke quietly, his eyes looking glossy. It wasn't just about the Ray Brower kid anymore.

Tilly looked up at Chris worried and confused, except the look Chris gave her made her believe he knew something she didn't.

Tilly gave Chris a nod, before slowly starting to back up.

"What's the matter with Gordie?" Vern questioned, peering from behind her.

Tilly looked at the boy, "Nothing. Why don't you we just go look for some long branches, okay?" She put her arm around Vern's shoulder, guiding him away from the two. She looked over her shoulder giving Chris a small smile, watching as he returned it and sat on a log with Gordie.

"What's up with him?" Teddy asked, bending down to grab a branch.

Tilly shrugged, dragging a branch out from a pile, "I don't know, Teddy."

He dropped his branch in disbelief.

"what?" She asked him confused.

"You're such a liar!" He shouted.

"What makes you say that?" Tilly chuckled, looking up at him.

"You're lying about Gordie and about Chris." Vern joined the conversation.

"Chris?" She looked between the two, "what about him?"