12|Brower Ghost

The group talked through the night, none of them mentioning the Ray Brower story but they were all thinking about him.

"Ugh, anyone else cold now?" Gordie asked, sitting up.

"Yeah, sincerely." Vern sat up too.

Tilly followed and rubbed her eyes, "yeah, the temperature dropped for a real one."

"Well... what do we do?" Chris asked.

Tilly shrugged, "we'll just keep the fire going. I'll keep an eye on it."

"Good idea, Til." Gordie laid back down.

"I'll keep an eye on it too, keep you company."Chris rubbed his eyes and laid back down. Tilly shrugged and smiled, he returned it.

Time had gone by a little slow, making Tilly get slightly tired, but not enough to make her go to sleep. She did close her eyes, but not to sleep. She was simply just resting her eyes. It reminded her of what her dad always told her when she'd ask if he fell asleep through a movie.

Back when things were on good terms.

Everyone was quiet and sleeping soundly, minus Tilly. Even Chris had tuckered out after closing his eyes too long.

It was peaceful to stare up at the stars for Tilly. The stars had to be on her top ten favourites list. The peacefulness was quickly wiped away until by what sounded like someone screaming or howling.

Everyone jumped up, Vern yelling out in fear.

"It's that Brower kid. His ghost's out walking in the woods" Teddy joked.

Tilly shook her head and scoffed.

Vern closed his eyes and put his hands together. Tilly wondered what he was doing, until he practically starting praying.

"I promise I'll hawk no more dirty books. I promise I won't say no more bad words. I promise I'll eat all my lima beans." The scared boy repeated.

"What is it, Chris?" Gordie asked.

"Maybe it's coyotes." He answered looking around the trees, gun in hand.

"It sounds like a woman screaming." Gordie looked around the woods too, fear hinting his voice.

"it's not coyotes, it's his ghost." Teddy stood up and started walking around.

"Teddy, sit your ass back down." Tilly rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm gonna look for it, I wanna see what it looks like!"

"Don't say that!" Vern called out, he looked like he was about to break out in tears, "Maybe we should stand guard." He suggested.

"Yeah, good thinking, Verno." Tilly agreed.

"Gimme the gun, I take the first watch" Teddy put his hand out to Chris.

Chris handed it to him and looked over at Tilly as she stared, "what?"

"We're really gonna trust Teddy Duchamp with a gun?" Tilly chuckled as she laid down next to him.

Chris looked over at the girl who stared at the stars, "Probably not the best idea, but oh well."

Teddy stood next to tree making shooting sounds with his mouth and talking to himself.

"Shut up, Teddy and keep you eyes peeled" Chris complained.

He just kept going, "Teddy, cut it out, or they'll be another ghost to roam these woods." The girl yelled at him.

"Don't say that!" Vern chirped.

"Sorry, Vern."

They all had their turns, Teddy, Gordie, Chris, Vern. Next was Tilly.