8|Chopper, sic balls

Tilly noticed Chris who was still walking away from them. He was kicking up dirt and stones, which made the girl wonder why he just stormed off.

"Chris!" She called out to him while she ran, "hey, what happened?"

She watched as Chris kept looking ahead, "Chris?"

He didn't look at her. He wasn't mad at her, he wasn't mad at anyone. Chris was jealous.

"Christopher." She sung, walking backwards in front of him, "you can't ignore me forever you know? It's kinda impossible."

She stopped walking, making Chris stop too and look down, "was it something Vern did?" She earned no response, "Me?" No response, "Teddy?" No response, yet he did look up at her as she said his name.

"Was it Teddy?"

Chris sighed, "no, Matilda, it wasn't Teddy, you, Vern, or Gordie. So stop bothering me about it." He walked away from her, hitting her shoulder on the way by.

Tilly looked down at her shoulder insulted, and looked back at the boy who sat on the ground against an old car.

She was going to walk back to Vern and Teddy, but she turned on her heels, stomping her way towards Chris.

Chris watched as the girl stopped in front of him, kicking the bottom of his shoe.

"You don't get to do that." She huffed, "you don't get to purposely shove me to make your exit more dramatic." Tilly shook her head, grabbing his hand and pulling him up, "you're just not aloud."

"And why's that?" Chris sighed, looking into the girls eyes.

"Because, I said so... and you're the first person I met in this shitty town." She kicked up dirt, "and that person being mad at... " She paused, raising her eyebrows, "-something, doesn't sit well with me."

Chris watched the girls cheeks get red as she wouldn't even look up at him. He felt bad now for storming out on his friends just because two of them were fighting like they always did.

"So, enough of this moodiness." She looked up at the boy.

Chris finally cracked a smile, "I'm sorry, I was just get annoyed with...Vern."

Tilly nodded confused, she didn't believe him because he didn't look believable, "yeah." But she decided to leave it behind, and ask him again later.

They walked back to the others by scaring them, making the two scream.

"Oh my god." Tilly and Chris burst out laughing, "you should have heard yourselves, you scream like little girls."

"Yeah, whatever." Teddy rolled his eyes.

"Well, you scared us!" Vern yelled.

"Yeah, no shit." Chris looked over at Tilly as they started laughing again.

Tilly looked over at the junkyard entrance, noticing Milo Pressman's truck pull in.

Her eyes widened as she pulled Chris to the boys since they were hidden. She held a finger to her mouth, shushing them.

They could hear Milo sweet talking his dog.

Chopper.

"Chopper's here." Tilly sighed, looking away from the man.

"Oh, man, oh, man." Vern looked like he was going to cry.

Tilly looked down at the boy as the other two began gathering their stuff. She grabbed Vern's face, "listen to me, okay?"

Teddy and Chris looked down at the girl confused.

"I'm gonna by you guys time to run to that fence, got it?" She looked back at Vern, "as soon as you get over, Chopper can't hurt you, right?"