ten

"So this is your new house??" Yi's fascinated eyes roamed every corner of Lian's lounge area.

Lian proudly nodded as they were both seated on the couch. "So how are you? You and Diao?? You never reached out to me this day" Lian gave Yi a meaningful look.

But Yi's face suddenly changed. He didn't tell him yet. That's why Lian was no idea about it.

After Diao left their house. He was just forced to go on with his life. He kept busy himself. He didn't even go home and he is always staying in his office.

"Diao left me already" he straight him forward to the point.

Lian thought he heard it wrong. But he looks at Yi's expression. He didn't seem to play a joke on him.

"What just happen?" Yi only sighed in his thoughts.

"I didn't imagine we were getting to this point. I can clearly remember how he smiled at me. How he calls my name. Even without saying it seldom times. I know how much he loves me" Yi smiled bitterly while he reminisces about every Diao moment with him.

"So you mean to tell me? He changed?? His feelings changed" Lian confirmed his assumptions.

He can't hide from himself that he suddenly feels scared. That he will Kuea in one day will leave him too just as Diao did.

"He acted strange lately. We argue a lot until that night happens" Yi quite summarized for Lian.

"It just like that?? I know that he loves you and you love him much more than ever. What happened?" he disbelief reacted.

"Lian, he's right. I never take care of him, I never appreciated him and I never show him how to feel for him. He gone tired. He grew tired of me"

"What will you do now?" Lian tries to console his friend. He tapped his back and give him quite a smile at him.

"I don't know. It's too late now, Diao already finds someone better than me" Yi shaking his head while still trying to deny to himself that fact.

"What do you mean? He finds someone already??" his eyes stunned. He just can't believe that Diao could do that.

Looking at Yi, he is not himself. He just lost some weight and he grew a little beard already on his face.

"We never settle in any labels. That's the first mistake I did. I thought that he is with me already. That was enough already" Yi added.

Lian can only let a deep sigh after hearing those from Yi.

And then Kuea suddenly appeared at the door. He thought he could be still at his work. He was so shocked to see him this early in their house. On the other hand, Lian wondered why he was home this early, cause he thought he'd be home late just like what he told him earlier. "Oh?? I thought you'll be home late?"

"Hello, Kuea" Yi waved his hand to him.

"Ah, we just wrapped up early" he only reasoned. He hopes that Lian will eat his reasoning. He gave Yi a look before he greets him. "Hi, Hia Yi" nervously smiling at him. While Lian gave him a stare. Wondering why he was here and he is here early.

"I'll go to my room" he excuses himself and was about to go on his way to his room.

"Wait... Kuea can we talk?" Yi called out to Kuea and he tapped Lian's knee quickly. "Can I talk to Kuea" asking for permission from him?

Lian looked first at Kuea's confused face before he gave Yi a nod.

Yi signal Kuea to follow him outside. Before he could go follow Yi, Lian grabbed Kuea's arm.

"You didn't tell me. I should just pick you up there" Kuea gave him a cold shoulder.

Lian feels hopeless. It's not even a week since Kuea moved here. Kuea never looked at him anymore.

Outside in the pool area, Kuea and Yi faced each other.

It was pretty awkward air between them. They have never been this close interacting to with each other. He knows Yi because he was Lian's friend and he was also Diao's first love.

"Can I have a favor from you?" Yi breaking the ice.

"What is it?" he looked at him while trying to read him.

"You know, you are only Diao's closest friend. And you seem to know him better than me. Can you help me with Diao?" Kuea nodded to that fact but then he was unsure about feeling about...

"Help you with him?" in that case. Yi never talks to him and he'll ask a favor for him???

"Yes, can you be my eyes to him? I just want to know if he is doing fine and also can tell me who is seeing him right now?" Kuea narrowed his eyebrow at that favor he asked for him. "This may sound so annoying. But please help me with these. I just love Diao so much" Yi felt Kuea uneasy in front of him. He tried to sound sincere in front of him.

Kuea composed himself and he draw a little curve on his lips. Yi lightens up seeing Kuea smiling at him.

"Uhm can I tell you something?" his smile slowly fading away.

"Sure?" Yi only reacted.

"Diao is my friend. And you know what he told me about you. You are nothing but like an annoying nosy guy. If you do this then you don't realize why he leaves you" he sassy told him. He just can't stand his gut.

"Kuea... it's not that---" he tried to explain himself. And grabbed Kuea on both wrists and almost plead with him.

"Diao had enough. Please let him free, let him go" Kuea pushes his hands away from him.

"And you know what??? You and Hia Lian are made to each other as friends because both of you are the same. Douchebags"

Kuea stormed off. As he disappeared in front of Yi. He was stunned for a couple of minutes. He can't believe a guy who Lian describing him as a well-behaved, full of manners, and shy cutie little boy could talk like that to him.

---
(a/n: this chap feels meh to me. and im sorry for delaying an update. we were just hit by a typhoon last days ago. also pretty having authors block. so yeah uhm thank you for waiting and always supporting this book!)