Chapter 12

~X~

~ May 5 - Meguro City, Tokyo - Midday ~

Yuki Emiya

"This is our house!?" Rei exclaimed.

"Yup," I stared at the house.

"It's... much more than I thought Rin would provide," Saber commented.

"Same here," I agreed with my Servant.

Morgana was silent and gaping from inside his carrier that Rei was carrying.

The four of us arrived at the address Rin gave us, and we were shocked at what was to be our house. Rin absolutely went overboard. The house she provided us was a large six-story house. This is just way too much for the three of us.

"Come on! Let's head in!" Rei ran inside with Morgana. Artoria moved to follow.

I stayed outside, still looking at the building. I was thinking back on my conversation with Rin earlier this morning.

Flashback:

I barged into the living room to find Rin sitting in one of the seats, reading a book. I needed answers from her.

"Explain this," I slapped the item I had just found on the table in front of Rin.

Rin looked at it and grimaced. It was a photograph and Rin was in it. But so were two other people. One was a male with short auburn hair and amber eyes. The other was a female who looked much like me, just shorter in height. They were in a hospital room, and the woman was lying on the bed.

What was most shocking was the two babies in the photo being held by the two people. It was pretty apparent to me who these people in this photo were.

Thanks to that test from the goblins, I could verify who my parents were. This photo now gives me a reason to confront Rin, who I suspected had known my parents.

"When were you going to tell me?" I crossed my arms.

Rin was silent for a minute before she answered. "I've been trying to do it since you first woke up. I just couldn't think of a way to bring it up," she looked away with a sad look in her eyes.

"Can you tell me about my parents? Like, how did they meet?" I asked.

Rin was silent once again. Probably thinking over how much to tell me. "Well, you do have a Servant, and you might help with these portals... So, I guess I could tell you everything," she whispered to herself. I wasn't supposed to hear that, but I did, thanks to Eavesdropping.

What she said floored me.

So... back in the year 2000. it turns out Rin, Shirou, and Mordred went through the Fifth Holy Grail War. The servants were the same, except that Shirou summoned Mordred as Saber instead of Artoria, and they fell in love.

Their war mostly followed the 'Fate' route, but after they killed Gilgamesh, the mud of the Holy Grail came spilling out at an alarming rate, consuming both of them and the fake priest. When they woke up, they were in a hospital, and Mordred now had a physical body.

A little while later, they met Amaterasu, who personally came to investigate when her faction discovered the tainted mud spilling out into the world. They were able to purify the Grail of the taint of Angra Mainyu and clear out the mud.

Rin explained who they were, the truth of their circumstances, and the Holy Grail War. Needless to say, Amaterasu was not happy that humans had been messing with dead souls in some death tournament, and that said tournament almost brought about the end of the world.