Chapter 17

~X~

~ May 18 - Café Leblanc - After School ~

The bell on the door rang as I opened it, and Ryuji and Ann followed me in.

"Welcome b- Oh? Who are they?" Sojiro glanced at the two who walked in with me.

"These are my friends. Ryuji Sakamoto and Ann Takamaki," I answered and motioned to each of them.

"Hello!" Ann cheerfully greeted, and Ryuji nodded at him.

"Is that so," Sojiro said.

"Yuki has really helped us out," Ann said.

"Huh. Sit down. This curry will be on the house," Sojiro said and started preparing a couple of plates for them.

I, meanwhile, went around the counter and started cooking a new batch of curry. This is mostly for myself and Futaba who will show up later as, like everyone in the Emiya Household, she is spoiled on my food.

"Wow. I'm not much of a coffee guy, but this is pretty good," Ryuji said.

"It goes really well with the curry," Ann complimented. "But why don't you have a plate, Yuki?"

"I make my own curry... And Futaba's as well," I added. "Speaking of, she should be here right about..."

"Curry time!" the door flew open, and a familiar gamer/hacker was at the door.

"Now," I finished.

"Hey, YuYu. I'll have my usual," Futaba said, then froze when she saw strangers at the counter staring at her. She nervously looked over at me, and I winked. She got the message and slowly sat on the seat closest to the stairs. "Hi..." she shyly said to Ryuji and Ann.

"YuYu?" I asked while placing a plate of curry in front of her.

"Yeah, you know, like YuYu Hakusho," she said, slowly coming out of her nervousness since I'm close by.

"I guess it's okay," I shrugged and sat in the chair between Futaba and Ann.

~X~

We finished up our food and went to my room upstairs. Though Futaba brought up a second curry to eat.

Ryuji was sitting on a chair, Ann was on the couch, Morgana was on the coffee table, I was on the bed, and Futaba was behind me eating and slightly hiding from the others. Before I start, I used my usual Berkano rune so we're not overheard.

"Alright, Futaba, these are the others. Starting with Ryuji Sakamoto."

"'Sup."

"Ann Takamaki."

"Hello."

"And Morgana."

"Hi there."

Futaba blinked at him. "Woah, the kitty just talked."

"You'll get used to it," I said.

"Eh, I guess I will. After everything I've seen so far, a talking cat's not that high up on the list," Futaba shrugged.

"I'm not a cat," Morgana reflexively said.

"Really? You look like a cat, walk like a cat, and sound like one," Futaba tilted her head. "So..."

"Hah! That's what I say," Ryuji chuckled.

"Mrrr..." Morgana groaned in annoyance.

"Moving on. You're fine with joining us?" Ann asked Futaba.