Her eyes casted to the side— Looking over the still partially lifted part of the tent she had just come back through.

'They definitely did not see it.' She idly thought, thanking her quirk for a moment before standing up and fixing the side for the next time they could come in.

Stepping out of the tent, the two turn to their blonde friend— His hands coming up defensively as he sputtered "I'm telling you! She wasn't here— I saw it!" He tried to explain but the two just sent each other looks of disproval.

"Maybe you saw the outside of the tent." Sero grumbles under his breath— His words clearly heard by the other two and earning a nod from Kirishima.

"You're still on watch duty now and you're gonna do the first shift tonight." The red head claims with Sero's nod in the vote.

"But— She— She wasn't—" The blonde sputters, complete disbelief at everything that is happening while the two turn and start walking off— Leaving him there to think about what had just gained him extra hours of work.

—Time Skip.—

—First Person POV.—

The shout for dinner caused me to tilt my head up— Soon hearing a polite "My Lady?" From the entrance of the tent that caused me to move into a sitting position much similar to the one I had been in earlier when the three entered.

"Come in." I answer, patting down my dresses skirt and letting the red head push back the flaps to enter— Showcasing a sort of tray in his hands.

"Here, it's still pretty hot so be careful." He comments as he nears, setting the food at the foot of my bed before stepping back to give me my space.

I look over the tray— Trying my best not to grimace at whatever you'd want to call.. That.. To be honest— It looks like slop mixed with.. Slop..

I let out a slowed chuckle, glancing up to the soldier nervously and in the most polite way possible— I reach out and try to push the tray a little farther away from myself.

"..Is there anything else on the menu?" I question, causing his crimson eyes to flicker over to the tray for a second before he chuckles and lifts his arm to rub the back of his neck.

"Sorry, I guess it makes sense that noblewomen get fed better than soldiers." He comments, sweat-dropping through his words while I just nod in agreement.

"It's fine— I should've expected this." I smiled, eyeing what people like him call food.

When I get home I'm going to need to have a talk with my father on investing in new soldier food, and chefs for that matter— This soup looks like the liquid embodiment of depression and anxiety.

He kind of just stands there for a moment, watching me stare at the food before clearing his throat "..It's really not that bad once you try it."

I raise an eyebrow at him, clear disbelief at his words while he brings his hands up in surrender "Come on, I'm serious!" He smiles, showing me those sharp teeth again.

"You're saying this isn't bad?" I question, lifting my hand from the tray to poke at the side of the bowl consisting of broken dreams.

"Wait don't—" "Ow!" I curse, drawing my hand back quickly to avoid further burning my finger from the scalding bowl.

"I told it was hot!" He scolds, getting down on one knee to be at my level as he grabs at the back of my recoiled hand to pull it towards him "No you didn't!"

"Yes I did!" He argues, now looking over my closed palm while I fall silent— He brings up his other hand to pull at the finger I had touched the bowl with, making me uncurl my fingers in the process.

"It's a little red but.." He states, voice trailing off as he continues to look at the damage caused— Rubbing his finger over the burn before pressing on it.

"Ouch.." I mutter, causing him to look up and sigh "Sorry, I'm just cooling it down— Since my hands are pretty cold right now." He explains, causing me to nod.

The air falls silent after that, him just making sure any other part of my hand was okay before nodding to himself "Okay.." He says, idly glancing up to meet my eyes.

Then he pauses, staring at me while I have no issue staring back at him.

—And not a moment later he stands, stiffening before me with his arms at his sides with his head bowed "I'm sorry!" He calls while I bring my hand back in to look over it myself.

He was right, the skin on my fingertip was now a light pink but before it must've been red like he had said earlier.

"I didn't mean to argue with you earlier— It was kind of an in the moment thing, you know? And I touched you without your permission, I'm sorry it won't happen again—" "Thank you," I breathe, glancing up at him and causing his words to silence.

"What.." He says under his breath, lifting his head from its once bowed position to stare at me in confusion "I said, thank you." I repeat genuinely before turning back to the dinner tray at the foot of my bed.

"I'll be sure to eat slowly, you should hear if I burn myself again." I joke, sending a dismissive wave his way.

And after a few moments, he nods— Muttering words of goodbye before backing away and making his way back to the entrance, this time to exit.

And once he was gone, I reached over and lifted the tray to my lap— Blowing on the soup before picking up the spoon and.. Chickening out of eating it.

With a sigh, I move the tray to the side again— Grabbing at the bread sitting beside the bowl and munching away as my eyes trail over to the exit the soldier had just left from.

And while chewing, I can't help but glance down at my once hurt finger— A smile brightening my expression as I recalled the little encounter.
——————————————————————————