Chapter Three

Depuis le début

"No, thank you." Raising a hand to stop him from further trying to explain his reasoning, I shake my head lightly "It's fine, I'm not going anywhere." I reassure.

He pauses to listen to what I had to say, slowly nodding after a moment "Are you sure?" He repeats.

"Yes, I am sure." I answer "It's not like anyones just going to waltz into a camp crawling with soldiers to snatch me up from my tent." I comment, shrugging easily and he nods— Processing my words for a second.

Then he steps back, taking my former dismissal in hand to go ahead and leave "I'll come to get you when dinner is ready, My Lady." He calls, those door cloths flapping shut behind him.

And when I'm sure he is gone— I turn, grabbing the satchel that had been tossed onto the bed and easily caught my attention the moment I walked in.

Slinging it over my shoulder, I sent a glance back to the door again before kicking up the side of the tent and moving beneath it to exit.

The flap falls back into place with ease, letting me turn away to look around and get a sense of where I was— Actually, I had no idea where I was.

I sigh, thinking back over the day and how I could do this— And a light bulb seems to flicker alive above my head, an easy idea coming to light for me.

Crouching, my fingers brush gently against the grassy floor, my eyes blinking for a few seconds— And I stood up, turning to the right and heading off in that direction.

—Third Person POV.—

With a light huff, Denki sets down the buckets he had been carrying— Soon jumping up to sit on one of the barrels they had managed to fill up earlier.

The sound of water splashing together idly fills the air between him and Sero as the black haired soldier lifted and poured his buckets into one of the half-full barrels.

After tossing the bucket onto the grassy floor, Sero glanced towards his friend as he lent down to grab the other bucket and start pouring it in.

"You might wanna get down, don't know when someone else might come over to check on us." He comments, gaze returning to what he was doing.

Denki waved him off "Come on man, we've been carrying these things for a while now, plus no one else is helping with this so we'll be fine to sit for a little." He assures, leaning back on his hands with a sigh.

—While his dark haired friend just shrugged, moving to plug up the top of the barrel "Suit yourself,"

Hearing some footsteps growing near, the blonde quickly jumps down from his lounging position to pretend he had been doing something— Aka holding one of the buckets he had earlier dropped and standing near the barrel for no reason.

"Geez, I didn't think they'd have so much left over!" A familiar redhead states, popping out from the trees with his hands full— And lifting the fear off of Denki's shoulders.

"Hey Kirishima!" The blonde greets, suddenly slouching his once stiffened shoulders when he realized it was just his comrade.

Setting down the load he was originally carrying, the crimson eyed soldier wiped at his brow— Now using his free hand to wave towards his friend.

"Hey man," He greets, glancing back towards the bonfire light barely poking through the many trees separating them from it while Denki plopped back onto the barrel to relax again.

Dark eyes glance upwards as well, resting on his red haired friend as he dusted his hands off "Something wrong?" Sero questioned, raising a brow with his words.

"No it's just—" Kirishima paused, bringing his arm up to rub at the back of his neck "Hey Denki, since you're not doing anything can you go and check on the Lady?"

Hearing his request, the blondes once relaxed face fell with a groan while Sero lifted his buckets up— Preparing to make another trip for more water.

"Lady (Y/n)?" The black haired soldier wonders, soon earning a nod in response.

"But I am doing stuff, I—" "Come on, wouldn't you rather go and stand guard outside of her tent than keep making trips back and forth for water?" Kirishima deadpans, causing the blonde to go silent.

And without a second thought, Denki jumps from his resting spot on the barrel— Making finger guns in the direction of the camp as he walked off.

"Have fun Sero!" He calls over his shoulder, making said soldier send a deadpan in Kirishima's direction— And causing the redhead to sweat drop before apologizing, the two continuing their temporary jobs soon after.

—Time Skip.—

Trotting up to the tent, Denki made sure to take his time getting there— Enjoying the thought of not having to do labor at the moment.

Who knew when he would get another break, and as he grew closer— He made sure to stop outside the door flaps, cupping his face slightly.

"Lady (Y/n)?" He calls, leaning back to wait for her to either invite him in or acknowledge his greeting.

But none of those ever came, so after a few moments— He called again, repeating the process of waiting in silence before his brows started to furrow in concern.

"Uh, I'm coming in— Please don't get mad.." He mutters the last part, slowly pulling back one of the door flaps to poke his head inside.

Yellow eyes flicker about— Blinking in confusion before he fully stepped into the tent, calling out again and earning no response.

And now he was panicking, walking further in and stepping past the beam holding the middle up— Everything was pretty open, so there wasn't anywhere she could be hiding.

Meaning only one other thing: She wasn't there.

The blonde was in a full blown panic now— Doing a full sweep on the inside of the tent with the same conclusion: Lady (Y/n) was gone.

"We're screwed." He states, booking it out of the tent to go and retrieve the others assigned to watch and protect her.

——————————————————————————