I jumped off the slide and stood in front of him.

"I'm so pissed." I said. "I can't believe she did that! I can't believe I fell into the trap!

"Who, Zoë?"

"No, Tara."

"You mean the old English teacher, Tara?"

"Yeah, you know we had a history."

"Yeah, of course but what does she have to do with anything?"

I looked at James and took a deep breath.

"Tara showed up here earlier. She started hitting on me. I kept rejecting her. She kissed me, James but Zoë saw before I could even react to it. It all happened so quickly. I'm pretty sure she hates me now. I screwed up the best thing that has happened to me."

"Did you kiss her back?"

"No! I wouldn't do that to Zoë. I'm not that person anymore."

"Then go talk to her."

"I called her ten times. She won't pick up. I really did it this time."

"Give her some time." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Let her calm down."

"Okay. Can I crash at your place tonight? I want to give her some space."

"Yeah, my parents won't care."

"Thank you."

~~~

James let me crash on the pull out bed in his room. While he got me a blanket and pillow, I tried calling Zoë again, only to get her voicemail.

"Zoë, baby. Please talk to me. Let me explain. I love you, Zoë so much. Please believe me."

I hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. I sat there with my head in my hands, tugging at my hair. I didn't even know I was crying until I tasted the salty tear on my lips.

"Everything will be okay, J."

I looked at him. "What if it's not?"

"Then I'm here no matter what."

"Thank you."

***

I woke up with another call from Jace, this time he left a voicemail. He called ten times last night. I didn't answer, it's simple. I just don't want to talk to him. I'm not in the mood for excuses. I don't understand why he would kiss someone else. Dylan decided to stay with me again; she didn't want me to be alone. I guess she's right. I listened to Jace's voicemail, hearing his voice just made me cry again. He told me he loved me but why don't I believe him anymore? I hung up the phone and laid it on the table. I felt so defeated, depressed. I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Dylan was still asleep; it was still early so I didn't want to wake her. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I had dark circles under my red eyes. I pulled my hair up and walked back to my room. I pulled on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, I think it's Jace's, it smells like him. The scent of him made me cry again, I wiped the tears away quickly.

~~~

I felt like shit, complete utter shit. I didn't get any sleep last night. James was awake and dressed when I got up.

"Are you going today?"

"No, I don't want to." I said softly.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, go watch after her please."

"Okay, I will."

"Thank you, James."