Chapter 14:

I pushed Tara away from me and looked up. Zoë was standing there, tears in her eyes, her mouth dropped open. I ran over to her.

"Zoë, it's not what it looks like." I told her.

I reached out for her but she stepped back.

"Really because it looked like you were kissing someone else!"

She looked past me at Tara, who was standing there grinning.

"Really Jace, Ms. Black? How could you!"

"Let me explain, please. She kissed me!"

"I can't do this right now."

She burst into tears and took off running toward her car. A sharp sensation stung my cheek, making my eyes water. Dylan stood in front of me, her cold eyes burned into mine; her hand came back down slowly. She took off after Zoë calling for her.

"Damn it!" I yelled. I looked over at Tara who was still grinning.

"Stay away from me, you bitch!" I said backing up.

"Come on, Jace." She said, "I was just having some fun."

"You just ruined the best thing that has ever happened to me."

I turned around and stormed off.

***

Dylan drove me home. She didn't think I should be driving, she was probably right. I haven't stopped crying since the park. Jace cheated on me, I thought he loved me.

"Louis was right." I said softly. "He would end up hurting me."

"Don't talk like that." Dylan said.

"You saw it for yourself, Dylan."

When we pulled into the driveway, I got out and headed straight to the parlor, Dylan followed close behind me. She sat next to me on the piano bench.

"You want to know something?" I said in barely a whisper. "I wrote a song that Jace inspired me to write."

I started to play 'The Light in the Darkness' on the piano.

"I wish I knew back then what I know now. I would have given in or even backed down. I was nothing but invisible. You came along and changed my world, you made me feel loved, wanted. You made me feel like somebody. You saved me from myself. You were the light in the darkness.

I burst into tears again and slammed my fist multiple times on the keys. Dylan grabbed my hands and held them tightly in hers.

"It's going to be okay." She said softly.

I laid my head on her shoulder and cried. She didn't say anything. She just sat there with her arms around me, comforting me.

~~~

"James, please come to the park before I do something stupid."

"Is everything okay?"

"No, just get here." I said and hung up.

I was sitting on top of the slide when James's car pulled up, I sighed with relief.

"What's going on, Jace?" James said, rushing to where I was sitting.

"I really fucked up." I said. My head was in my hands and I didn't look up.

"What are you talking about?

"I'm so stupid." I said. I banged my fist on the slide bar. "So so stupid!"

"Jace stop! Get down here and talk to me."

The Light in the Darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें