Chapter 8 Engaged

Maxxis POV

The ship shooked as I stopped washing dishes and immediately I grabbed my puzzle cube and started to solve it to be transported to our quarters instinctually putting on my gear and ghillie suit. I loaded my TMP and my GM6 lynx then met up with Master Orbit and Commander Crimson at the CIC. "Master, Commander, what's going on?!-" I asked as the ship shooked once more and gunfire erupted in the lower decks. "We have an incursion by corrupt units!" the Commander exclaims as reports flood through the comm channels.

"Sir, they have preached our medbay!" One of Crimson's lieutenants announced. "Dr. Kessinn, do we have teams over there to get him out?!" I inquired concerned for civilians and unarmed personnel. "Negative, Negative! All units are likely occupied with too many overwhelming forces or are unable to respond!" The second Lieutenant said as I then growled slamming my fist onto the metal desk it angered me to see innocent civilians and armed Personnel in the way but then I start to calm down and recalled my mother's teachings.

'Anger can control you and when anger has control of you you make decisions that will become radical thinking, and that will harm you along with others you love,' all four of my mother's teachings on how to temper myself in situations like this come in handy and so I sighed. "Master, are they making demands?" I asked to see his reply with a nod. "Right now, they're asking for you to go with them but I'm not going to let that happen because I'm initiating protocol black. You are to go on the planetoid below us and hold out until we can get sufficient numbers to reclaim you, do you understand?" he says as I nodded. "Crystal."

The ship shook once more. "Whatever you got planned better make it fast because they're going to be executing soon," Crimson said as I start making my way out but I was stopped when Master Orbit gave me a mask.

"What's this for?" I asked and he said, "This mask is like our faces, it's an Arcite Mask

"What's this for?" I asked and he said, "This mask is like our faces, it's an Arcite Mask. This is your first line of defense against Airborne pathogens that may be down there. It's a slight upgrade from your other mask but this will not interfere with your ghillie suit or any of your equipment. And when you get down there just know that you'll be on your own, " he explains as I pull back my hood and put the mask and the hood on. "It's interfacing with my neural implants," I said as a waypoint popped up.

"Now go, call yourself out and draw them off this ship!" He yells as I then haul ass into the engagement zone and squeezed a few rounds at the enemy. "Oi, I'm the one you want!" I announced as I ran to the escape pods to hear them behind me, some shooting me by mistake but missing because of how important the info I carry.

narrator POV

Maxxis hops into the pod, enters the coordinates, secures himself with the harness as the pod seals itself, then yanks the pod release lever. Finally, the pod jettisons into space and down to the planet as the display activates displaying his trajectory. Soon, his pod enters the atmosphere as the retro thrusters engage slowing the pod enough to burrow into the hard ground.

Maxxis after waiting a few seconds to lift his harness initiates the door to the blown out to allow him to safely exit the pod as micro drones begin deconstructing the pod as begins to take inventory

Maxxis after waiting a few seconds to lift his harness initiates the door to the blown out to allow him to safely exit the pod as micro drones begin deconstructing the pod as begins to take inventory. "An unnecessary amount of ammunition, an unnecessary amount of nutrition bars, a reasonable amount of sustenance pills, camping supplies, fire starter, a Farrel rod, Geiger counter for any radioactivity, interdimensional reader, a time distortion meter, first aid and most importantly, water." he listed as he sees resupply pods a few hundred kilometers from his drop site.

He packs up to see his pod recycled into transport. An all-terrain vehicle made from the pod's materials that can withstand all, the Reynard. Fast, agile, a rugged piece of equipment, but is made for situations like this when a single individual requires transport and is easy to repair.

 Fast, agile, a rugged piece of equipment, but is made for situations like this when a single individual requires transport and is easy to repair

Maxxis opens the cabin to sit inside, as the steering was simple as turning the wheel but the Reynard was all-wheel steering. Meaning that the vehicle can execute sharp turns with ease. He fires up the engine to hear its quiet hum and proceeds the advance to one of the closer supply pods where he soon will meet a leveled civilization as a heavy storm was brewing and soon inches closer as he rapidly approaches. But unknown to, Maxxis, he is followed by a Corrupt Primogen who unlike others before was patient and far deadlier if met on the business end.