Chapter 7 Hospitality

Summer POV

'I. Don't. Feel. The chill. What is happening to me?' I thought as I started to hear someone echoing my name. "Summer. Summer. Summer." I gasped awake in a medical bed with electrocardiography attached to me and a person that is other-worldly different that was facing away from some terminal until he turned around to face me. "Ah, why good morning ma'am, how do you feel." I stayed quiet as lied on this bed, but then a new figure approached from behind. "Allow me doc, just do what you've been doing," he said as the doctor nodded.

He was a well-built hairless being that had ears and a tail of a Canis lupus, wearing a black suit and some kind of ear jewelry. A necklace hung from his neck and his eyes bared markings of gold, I was almost astonished until he spoke again. "I'm Maxxis, I assume you're Summer?" He offers me his hand, so I grabbed his hand and yanked him to me putting his arm behind him and pushing it up to his spine for maximum discomfort while putting my left arm around his neck. The doctor was about to call guards, but he remained calm raising his free hand and shaking his head at any further threat. "We can talk about this if seek answers, but after yours, I will ask you, you agree yes?" He said in a well-mannered and had a distinct dialect.

"How can you be so calm in this position?! Your life is in my hands and close to death," I said as I applied more pressure to his arm. "Then, let me go and I will tell you everything that is within my knowledge." He said as I then let him go. As he explained what happened I put the pieces together I couldn't believe what was presented to me, but I had to know more.

He then further explained that an Android I followed him on and was currently learning of him, but it was his suspicion of it. Afterward, the Android came, and surprisingly it was Virgil. I got up, but stumbled due to my legs being weak, he caught me and helped me up to my feet. "Virgil, my obedient servant, your still here!" I said in a gleeful, but quiet tone. "I never leave my mistress alone and vulnerable to any who dare to harm you."

I hear something beeping like an alarm, but it was emanating from the male's wrist. "I shall return after my services are no longer needed at this moment." In a blink of an eye, he was gone out of my vision, which was kind of scary. "You what- the fuck was that?!" I yelled. "Seems that the organism mastered teleportation," Virgil said as he walked to the spot he was in.

The doctor then spoke. "He is genetically capable of teleporting to points A, B, and C or whoever opens the box correctly, which is a simple box like this one."

"That's why he teleported, what is he?" I asked

"That's why he teleported, what is he?" I asked. "He's a human that we produced through a surrogate mother and hybridized with natural growth. He works as a delivery boy and a butler, both of them part-time. Originally, he was just human and on a planet that we were looking into, but his planet of origin was called Terra or 'Earth'." He explained.

"So, he's like a hybridized being, but to what?" I asked him. "He's a mix of the Egyptian jackal and the basic Wolf, but the base platform of his DNA is human." He said as I can tell he was finalizing a medical report for me. After I was medically discharged I was allowed to roam freely with Virgil and to my surprise, he came into view with some other females. "Ah, so they finally let you out of the medical wing. These four are my mother's, the Egyptian jackal is Mother Esraa, and the wolves are June, Mia, and Lucy," He said as the four said hi in unison I couldn't help, but stare. Not at his mother's, but how his eyes shimmered as if he was filled with joy.

My mind soon trails off and I start to rethink the actions that I've done to him but then an urge crept up from the edge of my mind as I started to bite my lip. I quickly let the thought leave me as I heard the word "Breakfast" and I snapped back into reality. "Okay, you got me hooked on the word breakfast," I announced as his tail swished about. "Please, follow me, ma'am." He asked and then nodded.

He leads us to a lounging area that wasn't very populated, which I had to be thankful for since knowing I don't do well with very very large crowds of course this Lounge had a cooking area. "Please, take a seat. I'll have something made in a bit," he said with a smile and started to put on an apron and worked his magic.

Around forty-five minutes he came back with Splendid bowls of Ramen and placed them before us as his mother was in awe of his ability to impress, change into situations that involve them, and separate his work life from his family time. "My, my, you're just improving your skill and just making us blush," Esraa let out with a smile. "Jeez, this looks perfect!" I exclaimed.

Virgil nods signifying it was safe for me to eat and I begin to feast, savoring the taste of the noodle, the egg, the meat, the veggies, and the broth all tasting better with each bite