Chapter 2 Assault

Maxxis POV

I'm in the deep wilderness of the forest and it has been two weeks since my escape, To be honest, I have never made it this far and while my progress has been progressing, surprisingly I made it to a small outback town of Dale in Maine. Strange it was, the military was there out and about. It was also very open and it rained almost constantly during the global crisis.

The locals were looking the worst, their clothes were torn and tattered, but some of them carried weapons. I looked at myself, my jumpsuit was beyond the local's clothes nearly close to withering away. I then walked out of the safety of the forest and walk on the sidewalk into town.

As I walked I managed to find a gunshop and as I walked in a man pointed his gun at the owner, so I intervened. I slapped the guy on the back of his head and immediately he turned around and tried to point his weapon at me before I have gotten ahold of it with my left hand, then I grabbed the collar of his shirt and headbutted him, finally I dragged him to the door and tossed him out. "Will you look at that, a Goliath walks in my shop and what do you know he helps an old geezer like me? Come'rer, I got something that's your size that's not an SVD that's not a size of a twig." He said as I walked back to the counter and looked at the variety the man had on his wall of weapons.

" He said as I walked back to the counter and looked at the variety the man had on his wall of weapons

"Say hello to the lynx, it fires a 50 BMG. Plus, she a semi-automatic Anti-material sniper rifle and all you have to do is to press the button to extend the barrel out for full effectiveness." He presented. "But the piece of resistance, a TMP7 submachine gun outfitted with a suppressor, EOTech holographic sight, Tac laser, and 30-round magazine in all her glory."

I was astonished by this man who was giving me weapons out of pure generosity and down deep inside myself I felt like I wanted to speak but after years of me being locked up inside of a cell, a box

I was astonished by this man who was giving me weapons out of pure generosity and down deep inside myself I felt like I wanted to speak but after years of me being locked up inside of a cell, a box. I wish I could, but I can never muster up the strength to do so. "Now, you'll need to be dressed right. I suggest the kit that can offer protection and enough camouflage where you're going." He states.

I went into the backroom got changed, got the necessary ammunition, and offered my hand to him

I went into the backroom got changed, got the necessary ammunition, and offered my hand to him. "Please, kill them dastard after what they did to my family and what they did to you. Make'em pay dearly, now grab some landmines and be on your way, remember: if you haven't shot all your rounds and reloaded it
there will in the chamber." He said. I nodded and grabbed mines.

When I left the town I then headed to Canada until I found their HQ in a week or so

When I left the town I then headed to Canada until I found their HQ in a week or so. "Looks like we found their HQ and our LZ," Ajax said. So in the cover of night, I have begun to place, arm them, and hid them well enough for me to still see the mines, but I wanted to do something unexpected, bold, and something they have never taken into account. I infiltrated their base and stole a radio to listen in to. As I moved past all the guards I found their bosses' sleep quarters.

Sneaking seemed too easy and his equipment was sitting on a table still active. I checked the frequency and set mine to it, then made my way to an exit. After making it back into the thicken I looked for a spot to shoot from. I got down prone and pulled out the radio, getting ready to speak when their boss awoke.

As time went down my eyes grew heavy and when they closed I began to wonder. 'Will I ever find a family that will accept me in the way I am?' I mentally said as rain once again makes its fall I gestured for the visor, and slowly it rematerialized. Sheltering my face from the falling water droplets that barrage the rest of my body and soon I fell asleep.

Hours upon reawakening I hear the chatter of their forces on the radio and the trucks that contained hazardous inside them going inside into my sights. I aimed.

*BANG!!!!*

The truck explodes into nothing, but a humongous ball of flames. I then began to rotate left as everyone inside the complex started to panic. Afterward, I began to target the scientists and foot soldiers alike without questioning the morals. This was my revenge, my chance for glory, and to end their turn in the game of life.

As I kept shooting, reloading after every five rounds I then get to my last three mags, but as the enemy foot soldiers poured out of the complex they foolishly stepped on the mines. When some stayed behind I then used shock and awe to storm the base, killing everyone left and right until I spotted their boss with his radio in hand, noticing the radio in my hand. "So, this is how it's going to be, huh?" He said. I then nodded.

He proceeds to shoot at me as I rolled out of the way and shot back at him, a couple of times he hit me in my plate carrier vest and that made me pissed. I rushed in spraying 9 by 19 millimeters until he dropped dead. After when I was done with him I took care of the remaining foot soldiers and scientists. Then, I got to work by burning it all to the ground after I restocked my ammunition, and that night I finally slept peacefully.

During the night a blinding light erupted startling me awake and I then felt weightless as I grabbed hold of both my weapons. The light became brighter as I then felt something wash over me, it felt good like I couldn't feel my inquiries. Uncontrollably, I grew tired of the back still feeling weightless and I let it take me before hearing one last sentence from Ajax. "Rest well, you're now in our hands."

Narrator POV

As Maxxis succumbs to sleep the occupants inside the massive ship bring him to the infirmary. "Make sure he is given the right treatment." The leader demanded. "Affirmative sir, but I feel like this is against protocol." The doctor protested. "May I must remind you that our comrades' visor and consciousness are attached to this subject. Plus, it is in our best interest to keep this subject out of primogenitors' hands and it is imperative to do so, understand?" The leader clarified. "Yes sir." Doctor replied. With that, they two partway back to their duties.