41.Haemon

Nine moons later.

''Vaera.'' Daemon chuckled looking down at their baby boy.

"Daemon..." vaera stared at his black hair, Harwin.

"He looks Strong." Daemon teased.

"He was a pain to get out." Vaera remarked. She looked up at Daemon. "Are you mad Dae?"

"No." Daemon assured. "Also because I know he is on the other side of the narrow sea and you are all mine." Daemon whispered kissing her gently.

"Welcome to the world Haemon Targaryen.''

+

"He is certainly a mama's boy." Daemon remarked as Haemon fell asleep on Vaera's chest. 

"I never pictured you as the fatherly type." Vaera admitted. "But I saw you snuggling with him this morning before I got up." Vaera told him as he sat down next to her kissing her neck and chest before kissing Haemon gently. 

"I never cared for children." Daemon admitted "But I've always loved you... it would make sense that something you my gorgeous wife created I would love almost as much."

"Almost? you still love me most?" Vaera teased. 

"You want me to show you how much I love you? I would be happy to do a demonstration." Daemon offered taking Haemon from her. "You know im a bit jealous." Daemon informed her putting Haemon in his crib. 

"Oh?" 

"I want a baby. One of my seed." Daemon told her running his hand over her arm gently. 

"I dont like Haemon staring at me when you say stuff like that." Vaera laughed out. Haemon pulled himself up smiling over at her. She loved being a mother, she missed Nyra and her father, she missed Harwin and she heard that she had another brother birthed by Alicent. A lot had happened in the past year. Nyra wrote to her, told her Harwin had become commander of the guard. But he was sad. 

Every time she looked at Haemon it made her both happy and sad to see Harwin in his little face. BUt then she looked to Daemon, her husband. She felt like Aegon the conqueror taking a second husband. 

She didnt know what happened to Tyon, didnt ask. They took off, he could live and fuck whoever and assume her dead for all she cared. Her family knew she was safe. 

Haemon babbled over at them. he was six moons old and Vaera thought him the most handsome little boy. He was a big baby, hurt like hell pushing him out and he had the most charming of smiles. 

"Vaera." Daemon whispered kissing her neck. She sighed leaning into him. 

"Let me put him to bed." Vaera said pulling away from him. Daemon watched her go. 

She picked Haemon up and he snuggled into her. Vaera smiled back at Daemon. 

"Come here." Daemon requested laying back in bed and pulling them to him. He touched the cookie charm on her neck. Her hand covered his. "You miss him?" Vaera could only nod. 

"I love you Daemon. So much." Vaera assured. "But he is my friend... Haemon's...." vaera leaned into him. 

"I understand but for me know that it has always been you." Vaera tilted her head to look at him. 

"You almost married a whore if im remembering correctly. " Vaera reminded him. 

"All distractions because the true object of my desire needed to grow up a bit before I could claim her." Daemon informed her and Vaera chuckle. 

"Have you?" Vaera questioned bringing her lips to his. "Claimed me?" 

"Yes." He whispered his lips consuming her. "You should be kissed constantly Vaera, by the man that loves you most in the world."

"I like the sound of that." Vaera agreed. Daemon's mouth connected to hers a fraction of a moment later. She leaned back further against the bed, as his hands found her waist. She parted her lips for him, his tongue lapping at hers. Haemon smiled slapping at her chest. 

"Children are very needy." Daemon remarked. 

"Oh and you are not?" Vaera countered bringing his lips back to hers.