There was a loud echo of growls and snarls coming from my pack. Mostly from the insult, but also at the thought of giving up their Luna.

"However," Keegan continued. "I am a forgiving man. I will allow you one hour to discuss this proposition. If you hand her over, I will spare all of you, and we can all go back to our happy little lives," he turned back to me and Carlos. " Now run along. I'm sure your pack has much to discuss."

I shot him a glare, tugging Carlos' hand, and we retreated back towards our pack.

"Everyone to the conference hall. Now!" Carlos bellowed.

When we reached the conference hall, Carlos positioned two guards at the four windows and the door to the room, not wanting Keegan or his minions to hear our debate. I noticed some unfamiliar faces amongst the crowd along with the Alpha of the Zodiac pack who sat at the oval table in the middle. I assumed by his presence that the meeting about our treaty with them went well.

The people sat along the oval table were the high ranks of both packs. My parents, Carlos parents, Poppy, Max, and a few of the top warriors. The rest of the pack had squeezed themselves around the table. I knew the room was big, but I didn't realise the whole pack could fit in there. Carlos and I sat in our seats at the top of the table, and Max slammed a huge map of our territory onto the table.

"Right. Group A will be stationed here as the main defence against Keegan and his mutts. Group B will be stationed here, and group C will be stationed here to protect the flanks. That leaves group D-"

I interrupted Max in his strategy speech. "What are you doing?" I frowned. "Fighting is not our only option here."

Carlos ran his hands down his face. " Eva. We have spoken about this. We will not give you to that mad man!"

I stood up in frustration and paced the room. "Look at all of these people. They will all die if we go through with this fight. He is strong, Carlos. We can't beat him. We don't have the odds."

Carlos sighed. "We have twice as many wolves."

"His wolves are enchanted. You know how hard it was to kill that lone wolf a few days back. Numbers are not enough."

This time, Ira butted in. "We can make a forcefield. It will protect the majority of the pack, and then we will just pick off the stragglers."

I continued to pace, unsure of our plan. "I don't want to be the reason all these people could die," I pleaded. "I propose a vote. Whoever votes for me to go with Keegan -"

"Will be banished from the pack!" Carlos snapped over me.

"Okay, fine, I get it. There has to be something we can do," I sighed.

Carlos pulled my hand into his. "How about this? I propose a vote. All those in favour of dying to protect your Luna raise your hand. I will not banish you for your honesty."

Every single person in that room raised their hand. Tears welled in my eyes. "I can't promise you we will win this fight."

One of the warriors stepped forward. "Luna. All of our wolves have imprinted on you, even without the Luna ceremony. We are not being forced into this fight. We want to fight for what is ours."

I sighed. "Okay, if everyone is sure they want to do this, then lets do it."

Carlos smiled and rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand.

I leaned over the table to look at the map that Max had been plotting the whole time we had been talking. "I need to get to Keegan. I am the only one who has the possibility of defeating him."

Max nodded. "We'll get you there. Let's go!"

The entire room started to file out and make their way to their positions.

Me and Ira stood at the back of the formation, and she was holding a long stick, which she effortlessly drove into the earth. "We need something to anchor the shield to."

She cut her hand with a knife and passed it to me, gesturing for me to do the same. Once I cut my own hand with a wince, she placed both our hands on the stick and told me to imagine all of my power being taken away from my body and being forced into the stick. Electricity flew from my heart, tingled down my arm, and a white light eveloped the stick. She absorbed the energy into her hands and threw it towards the sky. There was a bolt of lightning that came from the stick and shot into the sky, then there was a white forcefield which surrounded the pack. She healed both our hands and then tugged me in the direction of Keegan.

"Let's put this mutt down!"

Keegan POV

All I needed was one girl. One girl that I could manipulate into being my insider. I needed a girl because frankly, they were a lot easier for me to manipulate, with being the sexy guy I am. I was walking around the treeline, watching the fight in front of me unfold. I know what you were thinking. Surely he's strong enough to just take her, right? Well, yes, but where is the fun in that?

I was taking great pleasure in playing with this pack of mutts. These little attacks were sending them around the bend, which was not only amusing, but also giving me the time I needed to make sure I had everything prepared. Honestly, I didn't want to have to fight for her. I wanted her to choose to come along with me. I knew if I just took her, she would forever be hung up on that pathetic little alpha of hers. No. I needed to devise a plan, which meant that she would fall out of love with him and love me instead, with a hint of Stockholm syndrome, but I'd take that. If it was the closest I would get to love, then so be it.

As I was walking, I spotted a cowardly girl hiding in the undergrowth. I chuckled to myself. Perfect! I approached her carefully and lightly cleared my throat, not wanting to startle my hunt.

"You're not fighting?" I raised a questioning eyebrow.

She crossed her arms, with much sass, and turned to face me, her hip popping out to the side as she stood in a defenceless stance. Trying to show me she wasn't scared of me. Ballsy.

"No. I am not." She huffed, seeming bored.

"Oh?" I crossed my arms too.

"I refuse to fight for that little bitch!" She growled, lowly. Oh, this is going to be easy.

"I see," I tapped my chin in thought. "And why is that?"

Her posture grew harder in anger. "She took everything from me!" She growled. "My Fiancé. My Alpha fiancé"

A sly smirk spread across my face. "Well, in that case, I am happy to tell you that fate has just done you a huge favour"

Her posture softened and she glanced at me in wonder, her interest peaked.

"I think I have a solution for both of us" I proposed.

She suddenly frowned. "Wait a minute. Who even are you?"

"Oh I'm just the guy you're meant to be fighting" I smirked.

Her face paled and she started to back away.

"Relax! I have no intentions of hurting you" I laughed. "I simply want to make a deal that means you get your ex fiancé back, and I get my Eva"

She smirked. "Tell me more"

I grinned and unveiled my devilish plan to her.

*******