...19..

Ps: If you love listening to music while reading, these are some of the songs that you could listen to while doing so that matches the mood of this chapter. Mind you, they are all Nigerian jam.

* Abule by Patoranking

* Pak n go by Kizz Daniel

...19...

She must have cried herself to sleep for when next she was conscious, it was dark. She sat properly on the couch, stretching out her legs. It took a while for her to actually realize that it was raining. They were soft showers that seemed to pacify the raging fire in her heart. She sat there for several minutes, staring into nothing but space, trying to centre her thoughts on the rain.

After the rain came the rainbow and she was sure at the end of the rainbow there were heart bending prices stowed away to be claimed hereafter -be it a pot of honey or sacks of gold or a box of happiness. She wished that her emotional rain will end and she could follow the rainbow that came hereafter to her happiness. A knock on her door made her turn sharply towards it. Two followed immediately, chasing each other.S he stood reluctantly and went to the door, hoping she didn't look too bad, only sleepy. She wondered who was there.

It was probably her neighbor coming to inform her that the rain was soaking the clothes she had hung out to dry that morning. It was this thought that made her throw open the door without inquiry. Her eyes widened considerably at the sight of the very unexpected visitor. She swallowed jeroboam's of spittle and surprise as she stared at him, obviously dazed and speechless. The visitor was none other than Taiye, her best friend.

'Hi everything ebony,' he said in a small voice. She noticed that he was fidgeting.

'Hi,' she murmured in reply, still shocked by his appearance. She too looked down at her fingers sadly. Three whole minutes passed with neither of them speaking a word. Finally, she broke the silence. 'Come in,' she invited him. He stared at her with unsure eyes like he knew that he did not deserve any form of welcome from her at least. She walked into the house, leaving him standing at the door, uncaring about if he followed suit or not. She heard him close the door as he came into the house. She took a seat on one of the single sofa, afraid of the couch now that Taiye was present. 'Have a seat will you?' she told him.

'Yes, Thank you,' he said doing so. She watched him as he did.

'You are welcome.'

'Sei, I really-' he began the moment he took a seat. She interrupted him before he could finish.

'Taiye,' she said to him, cutting him off sharply. 'I do not need you to explain anything to me. I really mean that,' she said with a straight face even as pain threatened to squeeze the rest of her already compressed heart.

'Sei,' he made to speak again. She cut him short again. She wouldn't let him speak. It would hurt her if she felt that he was the one throwing her away, even in the slightest. She really needed to be the one doing the throwing.

'I know that you and Monica are back together Taiye. I am sure that you are quite over the moon. Our little plan worked out perfectly,' she stated with a mirthless laugh.

'Sei no I -'

'It's just a pity it didn't touch Ron,' she went on all the same, completely ignoring him and his pending protest. 'He came along with Damilola to the lunch room and both of them kept flaunting what they had in front of me, rubbing it all in my face. I felt like someone asked him to do it to me, like how I did for Monica. You know, first to do e no dey pain, but second to do eye go red. I guess that our little trick was not enough to rattle him or he doesn't really care about me anymore or has never even cared to begin with,' she lamented. 'No one does anyone,' she continued. She paused, staring into space, sadness reverberating from her.

Taiye stared keenly at the woman afore him. She was obviously hurt, and babbling, definitely babbling. He might have wondered if she was drunk, but Seiyafa didn't drink booze. She had never liked the stuff. She was a bit of a sweet tooth. Well, he knew what was causing her pain knew why she was like this. It was him. He knew that it was all because of him and Monica getting back together, especially after what had happened between them, at such a time. It must have hurt her, still did. He knew it did because he felt the same way, that emptiness that he couldn't help. He went to sit beside her, on the arm of the sofa.

'Seiyafa,' he said in a voice that was meant to console.

'I have been crying since I came back from work for what I had and lost and for what I owned but could not have,' she murmured with regret in her voice.

'Sei?' he called again. This time, thankfully, she answered.

'Yes?' was her reply as she looked up at him with unblinking eyes.

'I am sorry,' he said to her. She stared at him, sad.

'You are sorry, for what?' she asked him. She would pretend like she didn't know least it hurt quite more than it was doing now. He only stared at her with darkened eyes.

'Sei,' he murmured as he stood and leaned in to stare at her properly. She forgot her pain for sexual awareness leaped into the picture at his proximity. He cupped her face in his hands and then he kissed her, slowly, claiming her lips in one gentle but quick motion.

...............

We are coming to an end in the next chapter. Thanks for making it this far Lovely!🔥

...............

GLOSSARY

#Nigerian Creole

* First to do e no dey pain, but second to do eye go red: The second offense in retaliation to the first offense is always more painful.

💗GROYNE💗On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara