...6...

Ps: If you love listening to music while reading, these are some of the songs that you could listen to while doing so that matches the mood of this chapter. Mind you, they are all Nigerian jam.

* Parte after parte by Big Tril

...6...

The curtains kept blowing around behind her. He noticed that because he was watching her keenly as she berated herself internally. She paced up and down afore him and he knew that she was asking herself how she could have forgotten all about the party, like utterly forgotten.

'Sei, stop, stop doing that,' he snapped at her. She really didn't need to do that now, not with her mind in such a mess. She would panic. She sometimes had panic or anxiety attacks when she was like this.

'Stop doing what?' she asked him, halting and glancing at him.

'You know what I am talking about, you do,' he accused her. She slanted her eyes questioningly at him. He sighed softly and tried to gather his intended speech.

'I am fine Taiye but I am not. God! How could I have forgotten all about Monica and her party. I have equally ruined my chance to get Ron back, utterly done so,' she ranted to him. 'It was so important Taiye, yet I forgot it as if it was something so trivial and I was lying in bed sleeping. Ron is more important than my sleep. I could loose him forever you know?' she asked looking up at Taiye. He went to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

'Seiyafa?'

'Yes?' she answered him looking straight into his eyes. He hesitated before he continued.

'Believe me, it's alright.'

'It's not! Believe me too, it is not!' she snapped at him. She was starting to panic.

'Sei,' he snapped back at her. 'I assure you that it is alright!'

'It is not! It is definitely not and you know it!' she said, her voice going up by several notches. 'My the way, what time is it? Is there any chance, even the slightest that we will make it to the party?' she inquired.

'Sei, you are panicking,' he informed her. She stared hard at him.

'I am not.'

'Yes you are,' he told her. There was s long pause where they just looked at each other. She was beginning to calm down. He broke the pause. 'Answer me truthfully Sei, are you alright?' he asked her.

'I am.'

'I don't think you are. You are definitely panicking Seiyafa,' he said. She sneered.

'I am not!'

'You are!' he argued vehemently with her. She inhaled and exhaled at the reply.

'I am alright,' she drawled at him. 'I am calm. I am not panicking!' she ended on a loud shaky voice, trying very hard to catch her breath, her chest heaving. She was indeed panicking.

'Calm down Seiyafa,' he coaxed her. 'Listen to me Sei, you are having a panic attack. Do not dare argue,' he snapped as she made to speak. 'No, breathe in slowly. Do it?!' he commanded. She did so after a conflicted minute. 'One let it all out in one go,' he instructed. She heeded his suggestion. 'Now how do you feel? Does your heart still pound? Is your breathing normalizing? Make sure to answer me truthfully.'

'I feel...better!' she laughed. 'My heart is no longer pounding so loud. I am breathing better, not struggling to do so,' she assured him.

'All good,' he said letting out a tired sigh. He removed his hands from her shoulders.

'I'm sorry that I forgot Taiye,' she began. Here she goes again, he thought to himself, after I have just succeeded in calming her down.

'Look Seiyafa,' he began, cutting her off as quickly as he could. 'It is not your fault that you forgot. It is definitely not your fault. You are going through a lot these days you know? You breaking up with Ron and all that. It's a lot to deal with trust me, especially when you loved him so much. There's just too much on your mind to deal with. So, stop berating yourself.' He led her to sit on the two seater, sitting just beside her.

'Oh, I'm sorry. I'll stop alright?' she assured him.

'It's alright! Down to earth Seiyafa!' he suddenly yelled in her ear. She laughed and so did he.

'Now, we will probably never get back at Monica -and Ron,' she added after a second thought. 'I ruined the plan already, before it even began,' she whined in disappointment.

'It is alright Sei. I am sure we will work something out.'

'I'm really sorry,' she apologized once again. 'But Taiye, do we still have sometime? Even if it is just a little bit, a wee bit?' she asked hopefully. He shook his head slowly with a sad expression on his face. She leaned back on the chair, completely disappointment.

...............

Could you come a little closer but still keep your distance?

- We might fall
...............