...10...

Ps: If you love listening to music while reading, these are some of the songs that you could listen to while doing so that matches the mood of this chapter. Mind you, they are all Nigerian jam.

* Something fishy by Davido

* Beginning by Joeboy

...10...

Seiyafa laughed softly as she relayed all she had done to Monica in his absence to turn her into an angry statue to him. Taiye smiled as he listened, apparently enjoying the tale. Seiyafa was always the best at anything that she was determined to do. He let her drag him to the dance floor, remembering with delight the look of horror on Monica's pretty yet angry face. He circled Seiyafa's trim waist with his arms as they joined the other couples on the dance floor to move to the currently playing song. As she talked, he found himself staring at her with a certain kind of intensity. She met his eyes out of the blues, catching him off guard. Then, something happened, his heart skipped a beat.

Seiyafa felt her body tense as he wrapped his arms around her waist, but she continued talking. When she felt like he wasn't listening, She looked up at him in that moment and met his eyes. She glimpsed something forbidden in them, something that mirrored just exactly how she was beginning to feel. Her breath surely caught in her throat and her heart rate shot up. She looked away as they continued dancing. Instantly, the weird feeling let her be and she nearly convinced herself that she must have imagined it.

'Monica just got on the stage with her date and Ron and his date are dancing behind you,' Taiye whispered to her. 'He just keeps staring at us. I Wonder how he can do that without stepping on that D girl's toes,' he said. She scoffed, amused, recalling instantly the idea that the lit dance floor her brought to her mind. It was an especially crazy one. It was certainly going to tock those morons, Monica and Ron, jar them back to their lost senses. 'Don't turn around and look,' he warned Seiyafa.

'The hair at the back of my neck keeps standing on end,' she complained to him. He chuckled.

'It is because Monica keeps giving you the death stare.' Now, they both laughed happily.

'How about we capsize their unstable ships?' she asked him.

'You got any ideas?'

'Always,' was her proud reply. 'And I assure you that you are going to love this one. It is one big cherry atop the cake of revenge.'

'Oh,' he mock cringed.

'What flavour do you like your revenge cake?' she asked him. He stopped to think.

'I'm guessing chocolate is the best?' he tried. She smirked.

'Oh I love 'em chocolate revenge cakes because we are going to be baking and serving one soon,' she murmured, arching into him. His blood began to warm at the intimate press of their bodies. He wondered what Seiyafa was up to this time?

'So what is it?' he asked her with a languid expression on his face. She smiled.

'Taiye?'

'Huh?'

'Kiss me,' she commanded in a whispered that attempted to make him hard. God, why was she facing at him that way? His heart was doing outstanding flips against his will and it was kind of terrifying.

'Seiyafa?' he asked, wanting to be sure of what she was asking him to do. It wasn't as of he hadn't kissed her before anyways. Infact, Seiyafa had been his first kiss years years ago. But, they had just not been made for each other. That was why their friendship had lasted this long because they had started out as friends, tried being lovers and failed, then still ended up friends till now.

'Kiss me,' she demanded once again, her voice like that of a tempting seductress. He realized then that she meant it. He stared at her -his eyes darkening- for a moment before he lowered his lips to hers, coming for her and claiming her in one fell swoop. The instant he did so, all was simply forgotten, left behind in the space before the kiss that spun their well established worlds.

Everything evaporated from his memories except her and the feel of her soft wet lips. Seiyafa gasped softly, so softly it was almost inaudible to him despite how close he was to her, as his mouth took hers, possessed hers. The emotions it awakened were quick and raw, soaring in a matter of seconds as the light brush of lips turned into a deep French kiss. His every muscles tightened and hardened as he pressed her into him completely, demanding. His tongue said gently into her mouth and she moaned at the onslaught of desire that overwhelmed both of them. The music somehow reached into her subconscious and she gently pulled away from him, ever so slowly. They stared into each other's eyes, facing the reality, finally aware of the latent yet nascent desire plaguing them.

'Sei,' he murmured. She did not trust herself to speak so she didn't say a word to him, gathering her scattered self. She managed to give him an uneasy smile, battling with the way her body had just handled a kiss with him, her best friend. She rested her head on his chest so she didn't have to look at him, buying time for her body and mind to quickly recover. What in the world had just happened? This was supposed to be play acting for Monica and Ron? Why was she getting caught up in it all? Just why?!

'Is someone still watching the both of us?' she said to him the moment she could. 'We must have caught a fish with this.'

'Yes, because Monica just went off the stage as angry as hell, staring at me like she could strangle me. Her confused date is running after her. He might think he is the cause of her short temper,' he said. 'And Ron is looking like if he had a shotgun he would blow up my small skull,' he exaggerated. She laughed softly.

'Good for them,' she said. 'But that was fun!' she said trying to sound as carefree as she could. He watched her. Yes right, she was only acting. Whatever he was feeling, he was feeling it alone. Seiyafa loved Ron and this made him a fool!

'Sei,' he called to her. She looked up at him with soft eyes. 'Play acting is really nice,' he said.

'Yes,' she agreed with a smile.

'Thank you Sei.'

'You are welcome.'

..............

I want you to be honest. Are you scared of heights?

-We might fall

...............