Chapter Sixteen

__________________________

The flight was long and rigid with the winds beginning to howl and claw at their skins but they tread forward. Bondita had opted to fall asleep in Daemon's arms on dragon-back. She was tied security with a rope so that she may not fall of the dragon but once again they landed on the the grounds soil, Jake could not be happier.

It was fun whilst up the there in the sky and feeling the wind beating at you, giving the sense of freedom but he was thankful to have been on solid ground once more.

They trekked towards what Daemon could explain as their Pentosi mansion.

By the gates of the palace-like structured walls, stood a beautiful dark skinned woman with a welcoming smile: gentle glistening amethysts eyes. Max stumbled slightly, thinking if it were a possible she was a Goddess. The azure dress she wore did her justice of emphasizing as her curls hung behind her back freely in ringlets.

Two girls stood regally beside her, that same beauty coursing through their identical features.

Daemon trudge forward, eagerness seeping through him bringing his Lady-Wife in a long awaited embrace letting his daughter's linger on the reunion hug. "How has your journey been, Lord-Husband? I trust the skies were kind."

"It was long. And they were kind enough," Daemon offered a tight-lipped smile.

Their eyes befell on the three children, purposefully on the blue-haired girl. Though she lacked the Targaryen crown of silver locks, her amethysts eyes were ablaze with a dragon's fury. So much similar features she shared with Daemon, they had come to notice in that second.

The sudden attention led Max to tremble in her place, feeling more comfortable in the darkness while everyone had their moments of endearment.

"I assume this is Maxine?"

"Max." She insists, lips pressed in a thin line. "Nobody call me Maxine, it's Max."

Daemon's Lady-Wife was taken aback by the child's bluntness, however the warm smile did not falter. "Well it's a pleasure meeting you, Max. Your father has delighted me with many stories about you," as she spoke, her eyes fleeted away towards Daemon momentarily. "I'm glad I could finally meet your acquaintance."

"I am the Lady Laena Velaryon, your step-mother and these are your sisters, Baela and Rhaena."

"Max, she's speaking!" Millie whisper shouted when her sudden hesitation drew longer.

"I know that!" Max scolded back, mustering up a gleam of her own. "It's a pleasure meeting you as well, Miss."

"These are my sisters; Bondita and Millie." Millie's cheeks flushed as she attempted to hide behind Max's shoulder shyly.

The girl was stunned that Max accepted her so easily to even call her a sister. A warmness grew inside her chest, overfilling with butterflies as she musters up her greetings. "Hi."