Chapter Seven

When they reached home, it felt crowded. Not that it was a bad feeling that settled under Max's stomach, it was rather a feverish tickle. Like butterflies blossom. It was a good feeling to have company.

The times it was just the two of the sister's made the quietness insufferable.

Bondita always played the hero to break the silent air with whatever activity she was up to. Be it turning the volume high while watching her India Soap operas, or listening to Bollywood music or simply watching cartoons. Giggle every now and then whenever Robin made a fool of himself in Teen Titans Go.

They would be lounging around on days that aren't school nights. Oftentimes, they would flank school as they pleased when they did not feel like it, coming up with well-thought excuses the next day. A benefit for not having an adult figure constantly in your company.

It would of course, be their little secret. They wouldn't dare tell Jake about it less they wanted a long and fruitless scolding from Jake.

Max watched a wondering Daemon with a gleam, giggling every now and then as he took in their apartment, scrutinizing every speck of detail within it. Whilst the Jake kept a vigilant eye on him.

Bondita grasped Daemon's pinky with her little fingers, leading him to their medium fish tank: where their little fishy companions swam about.

The Targaryen man had not seen anything like it, he was bedazzled as the girl introduced him to her and her sister's pet. "This is Gilly and this is Nemo. They are Clownfish, isn't that cute?"

She then rambled on how eager she was to show him the Pixar movie of Finding Nemo. And all other funny cartoon of hers.

Max lent Millie a few of her clothes to which she showed dear gratitude for but she waved her hand. She planned on making a friend with her, it's been quite the while since she's ever had a real friend.

The last friend she had was a girl she lived with in the orphanage in Greece, Tatiana. Every time she glanced down at her friendship bracelet, their memories together cloud her head and spirit her away into a daze.

"It is only natural to want things that others have," Max was rambling again, the words in her head running around as she told her pouting sister. "But your project was spectacular to me."

"It got twenty-one stars, Max." Bondita folded her arms. "And Amy had fifty! Fifty!"

"Would you rather have your project littered with golden stars or let it shine under just it's mere creation?" The younger girl huffed in annoyance: Max always finding a way to be right with her blunt statements.

Max separated her midnight crown into two sections, weaving two braids that fell swiftly behind her back.

The three girls were sat on the light pink soft carpet padded floors of her room, having a girl talk as Daemon and Jake ‘got to know each other’ as Jake puts it.

As dinner rolls in, they found themselves sitting around the dining table. A grey cloud hanging over their heads, tension cuts the air like lightning during a thundering night sky.

Although, outside you could the light pitter patter of reign, unmatching the storm within the apartment building.

Bondita never thought a home could be this quiet, especially with guest at that!

"So, how is school?" Jake was the first to cut the tension filled air with a random question that set both the sister's to frown.

"It's a Saturday." Bondita politely reminded him.

"Sarah Miller was bullying and tormenting me again during lunch-break." Started Max with a shrug, all eyes turned towards her as she plays with a depression broccoli on her plate.