Chapter One - Little Darlin′

__________________________________

CHAPTER ONE ;
• [ Little Darlin] •

Maxine Lockley tapped her foot on the carpet padded floor impatiently, her eyes once in a while skidded from the speaking older woman in front of her and back at the ornately designed clock. She wondered when she'll stop speaking, as the only thing that rang in her ears was the careful ticking.

Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Part of her felt like it was purposefully mocking her, torturing her to her wit's end.

All the girl wanted to do was return home and sleep, wondering where her dreams will take her. But alas! She had homework needed to be fulfilled and on top of that, she had cooking to do as well.

She figured that, tonight and tomorrow probably as well she and her sister would just go for frozen pizza. These school days, and assignments are keeping her rather busy to fulfill other tasks.

"I understand how you feel." 'Bull-crap' was what she had in mind to respond to that statement but bit her bottom lip to hold in the words from spilling. She had to show that her progress was showing and that the useless excuse of a therapist would finally wrap things up.

"And, I've seen that you are much calmer than our last session," her eyes finally landed on her.

"Are you still taking the Anxiety pills?" No, I threw them in the trash I was told to take out. Max thought victoriously but that little bubbly feeling left her as soon as it came. Then aunt bought other pills.

She slapped herself mentally; a stupid move, indeed.

"Yes, as prescribed." Max half-lied, not feeling the need to share such personal information with her even though they have known each other in a spam of two months, thanks to her aunt booking her anger-management courses.

Pathetic, Max scoffed inwardly. 'So, am I allowed to not be angry anymore?'

If her aunt really felt the need to sign her up to these session, at the very least she should have gotten a more observant therapist.

There were many movements she was doing to literally convey that she was not okay.

But, after these two weeks that passed by she was glad she wasn't. She didn't feel like sharing her recent tragedies and situation.

Her first session she was signed up, the kind therapist Mrs Freeman said that to better understand each other you should share your thoughts, feeling of the situation, promising that whatever is spoken in this room will never leave it's doors.

She knew that was a lie. If she were to share her current situation, she would go running with the information she would give. But Max was smart, she would keep quiet and lay low.