Chapter Four

• ° . *
___________________________

The two girls settled on a colourful double bench, designed with the whimsical charming Disney Character: Goofy. Too ecstatic after the many rides they participated in, they did not take notice of another presence on the opposite side.

"What—" Bondita's large doe eyes found the figure of a sleeping man, his white crown glistening under the afternoon sunlight.

Max's smile fell the moment recognition settled. Her eyes casted below to see the man controlling the ride to do it's rotation, dread seeping in her stomach.

Her sister's hand reached to shake the man's arm. "Hey, Mister!" Called the girl.

"Bondita!" Scolded Max in a whisper, pulling her arm so that she does not dare wake him and possibly get them both in a situation similar to the one in the cave. "What?"

"Don't wake him up." She whispers, proclaiming. "We're getting off."

"What? No!" The girl fumed, her voice making the silver haired man stir and Max flinched, eyes darting from her sister to the dangerous stranger. "That's unfair! I specifically chose the colourful bench with Goofy!"

"It doesn't matter. . ." She grated, wanting to end the discussion and she turned back to the man conducting the ferris wheel in hopes of calling out to him.

"What's with all the ruckus?" A groan escapes the slumbering man's lips.

"Hey, mister, this is our bench!" Bondita claims, not heading to her older sister's warning. "Bonnie. . ." Max sighed.

His tired eyelids opened to glacial amethysts, watching an unknown girl in his line of sight. "It's not polite to sneak into someone else's ride." The girl tells him.

"Who are you?" He questions.

"Who are you?" She countered back boldly.

"Do not falter my question with your own, little girl." He sneered, getting up from the rough metal surface he laid on. "First, you wake me from my slumber then you go about demanding—"

It was not the confusion of finding himself in an unknown surrounding that had him trailing off. It was the sight of the redhead child he recalls chasing down the mansion's walls that caught him in an abyss of turmoil.

"It's you."

"Do you know each other?" Bondita looked between the two.

None of them spoke as the events of last last flashes before their identical eyes that clashed under a warzone. While the ebony haired girl tried to make sense of how her sister knew this man and why they were having a staring contest all of a sudden.