Chapter Ten

_________________________

The three did not sleep after Max's breakdown. Daemon thought it best to stay by her side till she drifted off to sleep once more but the girl was adamant to stay wide awake until a new day rolled by. She was so traumatized by the dreadful dream, she feared she'd be sucked back in again if she did not stay up.

Bondita simply didn't want to leave her sister's side after she poured out all her heart's sorrows as she was held protectively by Daemon.

They tried to occupy themselves til dawn struck and to say it was going well, would be an absolute understatement.

"Yeah!" Bondita clapped her little hands, gleaming brightly like the sun now risen from the sky, jumping up and down with joy flowing through her chest.

"Excellent reflexes," Daemon commented, letting out a rare genuine laugh at their little activity.

"That's three in a row." Max chewed on the crunch cereal ring, it's sweet flavor melting away all her troubles as she began to collect herself and settle down once more.

"Last one is the deciding factor, ready?" The man let's out a breath, awaiting the indication from the girl before Max gave a ‘thumbs up’, a large smile plastered on her disheveled face.

Max watched Daemon intently, he threw the cereal ring in the air and it flew across the island table. With quick reflexes, she caught it in her mouth just in time and when the satisfaction refilled her chest, her arms spread high in victory. "Ha!"

"Yes, yes, yes, holy shit, yes!"

Daemon laughed once more, throwing his head back slightly before telling the youngest girl. "Bonnie, go wear your shoes before we leave."

"Kay-kay!" She speed through the kitchen, running to her room in search of her shoes.

Granted by her victory of winning the game of catching the cereal rings in her mouth, Max chose today to be spent at the skate-park.

At first, Daemon didn't want to participate on a foolish game as he puts it, but soon quickly changed his mind in the blink of an eye. It was Bondita's idea, courtesy of who won with the catching last three rings, they could choose wherever they so pleased to enjoy their Saturday.

But not only would they venture to the skate-park. Max wanted to surprise Daemon since he knew very little of this realm — and his was of the past so she wanted to see his reaction of seeing fish up close.

No doubt would he love that, seeing as he enjoyed just peacefully watching their pet fish swim about in their tank.

Max couldn't help the smile tugging at her lips at the scene before her. There he stood, sprinkling their food for Gilly and Nemo to eat before they left. It was quite sweet of him, she saw him in a different light.