11. cinnamon wine

CINNAMON WINEfriday, december 11th

CINNAMON WINE
friday, december 11th

Beth and Robin walked around the neighbourhood, keeping up their casual conversation even though they were both visibly nervous with their lack of party-experiences. Beth checked the address on the invitation one more time before the pair turned to the right street.

The music could be heard before the house was even on sight. The echoes of a song, which Beth recognised as Heart of Glass, was sure enough to lead the girls to the right house.

Now that they were standing on Tammy's front porch, the music was already loud and clear.

"Well, good news." Robin mumbled. "The party is definitely going on already. We're not too early."

"We could still be late." Beth sighed. "Let's just.." She searched for a doorbell, only for Robin to press it before she could; giving Beth a mischievous smile.

Tammy rushed to open the door, saving the girls from the cold. Seconds later, she was holding two champagne glasses, handing them over.

"It's cinnamon wine. It's not the strong stuff, don't worry. One glass won't get anyone drunk." The blonde assured the two.

"Wow, fancy" Beth doubted for a moment, but seeing Robin eagerly take the other glass, she took one aswell and thanked Tammy.

The girl brought the glass to her lips, taking a small sip. The wine was really sweet. It didn't even taste like normal wine. Beth had only tried white wine once when her mother let her drink from her glass.

The doorbell rang again. Tammy quickly guided Beth and Robin to the living room before going back to the door. No one was dancing or anything, everyone just stood around talking with eachother.

"Should we..?" Beth asked Robin, gesturing to the talking people.

"Yeah, yeah. Man, we suck at parties." Robin laughed, and the girls walked over to a couch while looking around. Tammy's house was really nice, a three-storey house with a giant backyard. Maybe they were super rich or something? Wouldn't be a surprise.

Beth sat down with Robin, spotting Josh standing on the other side of the room. The boy smiled widely, earning a smile back from Beth.

"So, uhm, how many parties have you been to? Before this?" Robin asked, trying to sit more comfotably.

Beth raised an eyebrow. "I think you know the answer, sherlock." She smirked.

Robin acted like she was really pondering.
"Zero?" She guessed, smiling.

"Exactly." Beth nodded. "I'm assuming that your experience are just as lame as mine?"

"You assumed right." Robin lifted her now half-empty champagne glass. "Well, if we're both newbies.. let's raise a toast."

Beth lifted her glass aswell. "To.. parties?"

"To being a newbie. To.. christmas?"

"Sure." They gently clang their glasses together, drinking and smiling.