12. a stupid love song

A STUPID LOVE SONGfriday, december 11th

A STUPID LOVE SONG
friday, december 11th

Beth lied down, happily resting her head on a pillow and feeling Robin's arm pressed against her own. She was warm, cozy, and happy. The girls precence definitely cleared her mind.

She was also feeling the little sparks lighting up on her stomach every time the person next to her moved even slightly.

They were so close.

"Hey, Robin?"

"Yeah?"

"Ask me something. You know, test how messed up I actually am right now."

"Okay." Robin turned to her side. "What's your favourite color?"

Beth laughed and shook her head. "No! What a lame question. Ask me something else."

"Nu-uh." Robin pointed her finger at Beth's face. "Don't change the rules!"

"What rules?"

"Isn't this truth or dare?" Robin furrowed her eyebrows.

"No!" Beth giggled. "It's just.. questions."

"Well, answer the question." Robin smiled.

"Fine, it's blue." Beth answered. "Another one, thank you!" The girl grinned, watching Robin's face as she was clearly thinking.

"Okay." Robin spent a while, figuring out a good question.

"I think I've got a good one now." She looked back at Beth. "What is your biggest secret?"

"My biggest secret?" Beth repeated.

"Yeah."

There was only one possible answer to that. Beth suddenly felt like she was really snapping out of the haze created by the alcohol ingested; her brain was starting to work again, since it was going trough all of the possibilities.

This seemed like the perfect moment. Would she dare to tell Robin? Her weird crush on the girl was definitely not fading, no, infact her feelings were stronger than ever.

Screw it.

"Well..." Beth breathed out after quite a while.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Robin said, sweetly.

"No, no, I-I want to tell you."

Robin stayed silent.

"I kinda like this one.. person." Beth slowly said.

Robin nodded, encouraging Beth to continue.

"We have so much fun together. Honestly, I've never met anyone as funny as this person. But, uh, there's a problem. And the problem is that.. this person is my best friend. I had a crush before we even became friends. And now -now that we got like, so close, I thought that I didn't even have a crush anymore. But turns out I do." Beth took a deep breath in. "I know, I know what this sounds like. I'm just another dumb teenage girl, who thinks her crush is the most important thing in the world. But.. there's a bigger problem in my.. crush." Beth stopped for a second, but Robin didn't interrupt her. Infact, the girl didn't react at all. There's no going back now.