Chapter six

We reached my house after a silent ride. Gabriel was already home, I could see his car parked in the driveway. Mr Daniels came out of the car to open the door for me whilst holding my hand to support me out.
    " I'm grateful for the ride Mr Daniels   and I'll make sure to get those files back to you tomorrow" I said with a little small on my face
    "Anytime" he responded
    I walked to my door as Mr Daniels waited at his car for me to step into my house first before living. I sighted Gabriel at the window looking at me, he didn't notice I saw him . I stepped into my house and Mr Daniels left.

    Not long after, I could hear the sound of my doorbell so I headed straight to the door. I had already taken a shower and put on my pajamas; it was a short Cotton nightgown with a small thin night robe. I peeked through the eyehole and saw it was Gabriel, I opened the door. He was looking like his usual hot self but he didn't feel appealing as he always did at least not today.
   " Can I come in" he asked while looking into my eyes
    I reluctantly let him in. He was wearing black shorts and a really thin white t-shirt. I could see his chest very clearly.
    "You are clearly upset about last night and I'm sorry, I made you feel ashamed for no reason. I cannot bear seeing you avoid me so please forgive me" he said while heading for his knees
    " please stand up, I was upset, yes, I couldn't really understand why you led me on only for you to turn me down later on but maybe you are right; we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves so don't worry I'm no longer upset" I replied while ushering him up.
    " I'm glad you are no longer upset with me" he came closer to me just like he did yesterday, but I didn't feel drawn to him
    "I'm sorry, but we shouldn't" I said as I took a step back away from him
    "I understand, I suppose goodnight then" he said with disappointment in his eyes as he stepped out of my house and shut the door.

    Morning had set in, I was prepared to go to work but this time I had no intention of avoiding Gabriel. As soon as I stepped outside, there was my boss standing beside his car with his back resting on the driver's window.
    "Good morning Miss Carter, you slept well?"
    What was he doing here,I thought to myself. This was highly unusual, it couldn't possibly be the files because I would have still met him at work and I doubt he is here to pick me up or is he....
    "Morning sir, yes I slept well.... Is there a problem?"
    "No not at all, I'm only here to pick you up so we could go to work together"
    I was very shocked, my boss here....to pick me up, when did I ever ask him to do that. He's not the type to pick me up, there's certainly more than meets the eye.
    "You know I could just take a taxi, you really didn't have to come here" I said trying to decline
    "Nonsense, not while I'm here. Come on, let's go" He gestured for me to come.
    I quickly went to him and he being his usual chivalrous self opened the door for me. From my seat I could see Gabriel looking at me from his front porch, I couldn't read his expression, his face was too neutral. Being around Mr Daniels clearly doesn't make him happy.