006

CHAPTER SIX ( broke down truck problems )

CHAPTER SIX
( broke down truck problems )

Thea was so eager to get off the Ferry when they made it to the mainland, one reason being her butt was starting to hurt from sitting the trunk the whole time. And two, she really had to piss. They found a gas station to stop at and she quickly ran inside and made a beeline for the bathroom after asking the cashier if they had one, to which he said yes and pointed it out to her.

After she finished her business and was drying off her washed hands, she walked out and found JJ in one of the ailse, grabbing some candy. She made her way over to the boy and wrapped her arms around him from behind,

"Hey, Jay." She said into his ear, her skin flushishing a soft red when he inched his face around to press his lips to her cheek.

"Hi, baby." He whispered back, holding a packet of Haribo gummy bears and Skittles in his hands. "Which one do you want?"

She hums, making her decision. "Haribo, always."

"Good choice." JJ mumbled, putting the Skittles back in their place. "Gotta save up on cash so we have enough to pay for gas money."

Thea groaned, dropping her arms as she walked beside him. "Gas prices are so unnecessarily high nowadays. It's ridiculous."

JJ snorted, nodding his head as he glanced at her, "You can say that again, shortcake." He pulls out a couple bills from his pocket, "Come on, let's pay for this and get back on the road."

They paid for the gummy bears and headed out of the gas station, then they hopped back into the pickup truck and continued their long drive to Charleston. They seemed to be good on time seeing as it was only about two pm and they needed to be there by eight.

Some people would say that being squished in the front seat of a pickup truck wouldn't be their idea of a good time, but Thea must be different because she was throughly enjoying herself. Growing up she had always been the adventurous sort. She loved scavenger hunts, and when she was a young girl she would sometimes sneak into Figue Eight just because she had never been there and she was curious to know what the other side of the island was like.

She was a free spirit with a wild imagination, and things like unplanned roadtrips and being mushed in a car with her three best friends, was a highlight of her life.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times." Kie says, weariness in her voice. "It makes no sense. I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island?"