000

⇢ ˗ˏˋ THE PROLOGUE ࿐ྂ"The Pogues"

"The Pogues"

THEA was swinging her legs on the scaffolding of the building that was in the midst of being constructed, it had been just stable enough for she and her friends to hangout on without it collapsing beneath them. Her arms were resting on the bars infront of her as she sat next to her best friend JJ Maybank, her eyes locked on the hazel-nut brunette standing on the very tip of the roof of the building. He was testing his fate as he balanced on one foot with a can of beer in his hand.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope asked, squinting at the afternoon sun's rays as he eyed the hazel-nut brunette just a few feet above him. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

Thea snorted, "How about zero? Just make sure you don't get your blood on me when you split your skull open, all right, John B?"

The hazel-nut haired boy snickers, "I'll make sure to get all of my blood on you, Thea." He pops a finger between his lips and pulls it out, holding it to the wind. "What do you think? Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump." Pope replied, holding up the drill in his hand. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?" John B asked, giving a finger gun to the mocha skinned boy below him who pretended to shoot him with the tool in his hand.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie announced as she walked out of the building, joining the rest of them.

"Of course they are." JJ replied, "Why wouldn't they?"

"It is Ward Cameron's building, I'm not surprised really."

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie complained, glancing up at John B on the roof.

"No offense to the turtles, but I can't have cold towels." JJ comments, his words making Thea's eyes roll.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie said, her coffee colored eyes locked on the hazel-nut brunette on the roof.

"He's already accepted his fate, can't stop him, Kie."

"Don't spill that beer." JJ tells him, "I'm not giving you another one."

"I won't— oh shit!" John B exclaimed, the beer can that was once in his hand crashing to the ground with the liquor spilling out of the dents.

JJ released an exasperated sigh, "Of course you did, right when I said don't spill it."

"I saw that coming." Thea says as a groan escapes John B's lips while he glanced down at the can on the ground.