So much for enjoying an evening with her.

Every one was talking at the same time, asking who he was and all, but he spared none a glance, only focused on the woman beside him who was at this point hugging his waist. He glanced at his wrist watch, it was some minutes after nine. He had to get her back to the suite.

Temi squeezed her way out of the crowd to meet him. Her expression was that of anger. Was she angry at him? He should be the one furious at her for leaving her friend at the mercy of some sleazy fools.

Guy, where have you been? We've been waiting for you.”

“I had a call from work.” He tried keeping the anger off his voice.

“I heard you beat up Mike. I didn't even know the dude was here, and he even had the guts to approach Dee, some guys sha. The two of them used to date, and he broke up with her on her birthday, can you imagine? And to think she thought he was going to propose.” Temi rattled off.

“Where were you?”

“Excuse me?”

“I let her come here alone because I thought she was going to be with you all evening. But it seems like you just don't care about your friend.” He spoke as calm as he could, trying not to show any form of anger.

“See Yomi, Dinma is not a little girl, she can take very good care of herself, don't expect me to babysit her.”

“That's not what I'm saying.”

“I don't care what you're saying but right now you're being very offensive.”

“Offensive? Because I called you out on your irresponsible actions? You leave your friend to make out with some dude, who does that?” This time, his voice was rising as his temper.

“What are you talking about?”

He shook his head. “You know what, there's no problem, you can do whatever you want to,  I'm taking her back to the suite.”

“The guy you saw me with, is my boyfriend and I'm coming with you.”

The guy they had been talking about, walked out too from the crowd, and came to stand beside her.

“Babe is there a problem?” He asked.

“No.” Then she introduced very quickly, gesturing casually with her hand. “Meet Toju my boyfriend— Toju, Yomi.”

“My... boyfriend.” Dinma pressed her face to his chest.

Yomi smiled at this, and held her firmly against himself, then greeted Toju with a firm handshake, aware of Temi's scrutinizing stare.

“She's really drunk.” Temi scrunched up her face. “Look Yomi, I'm sorry, I didn't think this would happen. I just stepped out with Toju to introduce him to some colleagues, I thought she would be fine by herself.”

“It's alright, but you really don't have to come with us.”

Temi let out a sigh, “Fine. Please take care of her.”

“Yep.” Then he said to Dinma who was now trying to free herself from his hold. “Let's get you to bed.”

“I... don't... don't want to. Temi... the box” She took some staggering steps away from him, and he held her to prevent her from falling.

“We'll check it out tomorrow. Good night sweet.”

“Good... night.” Dinma replied.

Then he led her staggering figure out of the pool area.