69- Mr. F & Mr. E

Start from the beginning

"Nicole is throwing a party at her place this weekend. She's wondering if you, Felix and Elliot are free and do you guys want to join us?"

I sighed, my eyes darting over to Blaire.

"Is she also going?" I felt eyes on me. Didn't know they were Elle's until I turned to her.

"She can. But I doubt Nicole knows her." Blaire said, "You know Nicole, she doesn't like it when we just invite some random people to her party."

Random people. I am saving her butt from a huge embarrassment tomorrow in Mr. Nigel's class and she is referring to me as random people?

"I am not free." Elle replied, throwing her purse down on the bed and walked over to the window, pulling shut the drape.

Is she sleeping here tonight?

"Sorry. We're almost finished here. Just give me a second." I said, and Elle glanced over her shoulder.

"I have to study for a quiz."

I sighed.

"We just need a—"

"I have it tomorrow. First thing in the morning." She repeated, sternly.

It was obvious, but I wasn't about to ask Blaire and her friend to leave because if they left, that means I'll have to bust my ass off and work on this project all by myself the whole night.

"We could work on this tomorrow." I knew it.

"But we still have a lot left to do, Blaire. There is no way we could finish it in class tomorrow." I countered.

"You know the meeting room downstairs is open twenty-four seven." Elle mumbled. She looked disturbed and I could sense the tension in her voice.

"Yes. But coach Kyle is hosting a football team meeting for the freshmen boys." Blaire's friend said.

"That's not my problem." Elle snapped, "It's ten. I have to study."

"Okay, guys. Just leave." I gave up.

For me, it's all about getting the balance between making compromises and standing up for yourself when it comes to sharing a room with someone. I don't want to disturb Elle, and this is probably her first time asking me for a favor.

It was probably an awful idea to pick a fight so soon. It had only been two weeks in, and I'm doing everything to avoid the awkward tension between me and Elle.

Once Blaire and her friend left the room, I was by myself because Elle then headed for the shower. It was the first time I saw her used the bathroom here.

Five minutes later, Elle came out of the bathroom, dressed in black satin robe. She wore her hair up in a messy bun.

For the first time, I felt that I had said something that had truly reached out to her.

"Good luck with your test tomorrow." I wished her. I didn't do it sarcastically, but I really meant what I said.

Elle stopped brushing her hair, and looked over at me.