The Black Queen

Luc was looking at the map and stroking the drift mark; he had a face of worry.

"there you are. Your mother has been looking everywhere for you. I found him, Rhaneyra."Rhaneyra "what are you doing down here, Luc? I've been looking everywhere for you."

Luc "the sea snake is going to die, isn't he?"

Rhaneyra "Luc."

Luc "he called me lord of the tides. Grandsire was the greatest sailor that ever lived. I get greened sick every time a ship leaves the harbour. I'll ruin everything. I don't want a drift mark. It should be passed down to ser vaemon."

"We don't choose our destiny, Luc. It chooses us. Did I want to hear? No, I just wanted to be a dragon rider, not wed, and be free in his world, but I have to protect you, your mother, your cousins, and your Grandsire?"

Luc "grandsire, let you choose to be Heir."

Rhaneyra "And you want to hear the truth of it. She was.."

"I was frightened. I was four and ten, the same age as you. I wasn't ready to be the queen of the seven kingdoms, but it was my duty, and in time I came to understand I had to earn my inheritance."

Luc "I'm not like you. your perfect"

"I never said you were, but I'm not perfect either. I have to do things to protect my family, and I know what must be done to keep my claim, but make sure to do it smart and right and not let the enemy take you down. But your mother will help you, and I will help you with your duty and guide you, my nephew."

Ser Lorient "good morrow, princesses."

Rhaneyra and I "good mirror Ser Lorient ."

ser Lorient "Princess Rhaneys has just arrived on Dragonstone. she has ordered an emergency meeting with you, Rhaneyra, and prince Daemon.

"Better go see what she wants."

I was with my husband as my sister sat on a chair. Daemon held my hand protectively since I was six months pregnant.

ser Lorient "Princess Rhaneys."

"Thank your Ser Lorient, Princess Rhaneys, what a great surprise. May we hope for Lord Corly's recovery."

Rhaneys "Viserys is dead."

we were all shocked "what?"

Rhaneys "I've grieved this loss with you."

Rhaneyra looked at me with tears; I was shocked; this couldn't happen; my father couldn't be dead. "I'm sorry. What has happened?"

Rhaneys "my cousin, your father possessed a kind heart."

"