The Rouge Prince

I and Rhaenyra were pouring wine at our father's council meeting as they were discussing the issue with the crab header.

"You have dragon riders father." everyone looked at me "send us."

Father "it isn't that simple Rhaella."

"It would be a show of force

Lord "at least the princess has a.plan

"I only meant that we should at least."

Hand of the king "perhaps, there some better use for the princess's talent your grace

Father "why don't you take the princess to see about the new king's guard position lord commander, you go as well Rhaenyra."

"Are you kidding me?"

Father "I don't argue."

Kings guard "a fine idea your grace."

Father "this knight will protect you and your sister as well."

"I don't need protecting, I can protect myself." I was mad I just got up and walked out as Rhaenyra followed behind me

I stood up and saw all the knights

Announcers "sir Desmon a fine knight."

This is so boring "step forward lord Desmen has proven to be strong and stead both in the journey."

Hand of the king "you might want to thank him."

"We thank you for your loyal service to the crown sir."

And on and on they went, this was boring "does any of these knights have combat experience or something."

Announcer "sir Criston Cole, son of the steward of the lord of black hire "

I smiled at my sister, and nudged her shoulder, I knew she had a crush on him

"be welcome sir Criston, you saw combat in the storm lands, I am correct?"

Criston "Dornish marches, Princess's I foot for a year as a foot soldier against the Dornish incisor, they knighted me after that."

I nodded my head as did Rhaenyra very well, "I choose sir Criston cole, you will protect my little sister, if I need you I'll call you, am I clear."

Hand of the king "let's not be too hasty."

"I've chosen, my chose wasn't it you who said I can pick the next guard."

Hand of the king "of course princess."

"Very well, Rhaenyra." she grabbed my arm as we walk away.

"I saw the way you were looking at him all bushy, you like him."

Rhaenyra "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on you can't lie to me I see it in your eyes, I know you like him."

Rhaenyra "ok fine, I do like him, I'm just all weird about it."

"Well that's normal for a crush, they're not meant to be easy."

Rhaenyra blushed as I hugged her and we walked away hand in hand "don't worry I won't tell anyone, we're sisters we should tell each other everything."

Rhaenyra Prov

"It's only been half a year since mother died and they're already trying to marry my father off and replace my sister as heir, I know those men and how they plot and so does she. in their secret council when we've been sent away. She hates that, she says men are a waste of time she knows we women are higher in thinking and we shouldn't follow what a man says."