5

- FIVE -
2022 | Atlanta Georgia.
Zac's House.
1:09am.
Omniscients

Zaniya crept through the door hoping her older brother was sleeping, she was supposed to be home at 8:30pm.

She lost track of time and was just now getting home. She locked the door behind herself and tried to dash up the stairs.

She was startled when the light came on and Zac stepped infront of the staircase. "Where were you?"

She jumped holding her chest, "Dang Z, you scared me!" She alerted him, he again asked her about her whereabouts.

"I was out and lost track of time." She admitted, "Why didn't you call, atleast let me know?"

Zaniya mugged him, "Your not my dad," she argued and he was taken back. "I know that shit Zaniya!"

"Okay so stop talking to me like you my parent when your not." , "Excuse you? You're 16 years old, not 21. You're not grown."

"You stay under my roof, I don't have rules for you at all but that you let me know where you are at all times."

"I was worried sick about you and you come home in this little ass dress that got your whole everything out which you DIDNT LEAVE WITH."

"Okay and? I changed, is that a crime to?" She rolled her eyes, "You know what Niya, im not fighting with you."

"Nobody asked you too, you're trying to play dad and your not." He was so shocked by her attitude.

"Little girl what the fuck is your problem?" Zaniya never has a slick mouth to anyone but their mother.

They understand the situations between Kelly and Zaniya because of the way Kelly treats Zaniya.

Kelly has 2 baby fathers, Damien, Zac and Zariya's dad and Greg, Zaniya's dad.

Kelly hates Greg with a passion so for years she's taken it out on Niya. Not in a physical way but a verbal abuse way.

She always argues with her and treats her any kind of way simply because Greg left her, after stealing all her savings.

So they've been bumping head since Niya was 7, however Niya had never let her mothers words affect the way she talks to others.

So this was all shocking and new to Zac, "Nothing Zac, can you please move?"

"I'm not going to ask you again, what is your problem?" , "I SAW FATIMA OKAY, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?"

She was now full blown crying, Zac just pulled her in for a hug and sat down on the steps. "What happened Ladybug?"

"I saw her at the mall, and I was just so stuck. She was with her fiancé and he was talking about you."

"Why was he talking about me?" He'sconfused, "I don't know but I heard him say something about Fatima going to meet with you."

"So they were arguing and I walked pass and she noticed me but didn't say anything, then he left her there alone."

"I watched her from afar and her water broke, so I helped her. I took her to the hospital and stayed with her until her mom came."

"I watched her give birth and my heart just broke in half because you weren't the father." His heart sank hearing this.

"I stayed there and watched her and her mom gush over the little girl. I stayed until 10 when she named her."

She looked up at him and he started to get nervous, "What did she name her?" He questioned.

"She named her Zonnique Yari Jones," He was so flabbergasted, "Really?" She nodded, "I wanted to scream at her but I held it in and left."

Zonnique Yari was the name Fatima and Zac picked out for our daughter. When we were 19 we promised each other we'd never use it with anyone else.

So for her to use the name for another man's baby just broke his entire heart, "Her mom ran after me and thanked me."

"I told her you welcome and to tell Fatima to please leave me and my family alone." He nodded.

Fatima has been constantly trying to get on their good side again. "Then I just left and cried, I never realized how much loosing her hurt."

"I always was strong for you because she was your girlfriend but she was a sister to me."

"Whenever I couldn't talk to mom, you or even Riya she was always there for me. She knows stuff I've never told anyone else."

"I just can't even fathom the fact that she betrayed you or even us the way she did because she meant so much to the Taylor's."

It was true, the ENTIRE family loved Fatima so much, she's in so many of their family members will's.

She has tons of pictures in the Taylor's homes. She was just such a big part of their lives.

So when Zac texted the family gc with the long paragraph telling them what happened everybody was shocked.

Everyone tried to reach out to her, but she blocked half the family already. She kept contact with his mom and sisters for a while but soon cut it off.

It was devastating, "I'm sorry you had to go through that ladybug." He kissed his sisters forehead while she cried.

She cried in his arms until she fell asleep and he carried her up to her room, he made sure she was good before leaving her room.

Zac went to his room and got into his bed, he started thinking about Fatima's daughter and couldn't help but cry.

How could she?