...

- PROLOGUE -
2021 | Atlanta, Georgia.
Zachary and Fatima's Home.
9:34pm
Omniscient

"Maybe I just don't like the way you do things." Fatima mumbled under her breath catching the attention of her boyfriend.

"What's your problem Fay? All month you've been acting stuck up."

She turned to look at him, "Oh really?" She asks sarcastically. He smacked his teeth and waved her off.

"See you always with that bullshit, if you feel some type of way speak on it!" She kept quiet pissing him off.

"But when I don't ask you about yo feelings you go tell yo girls I'm a bad boyfriend." He spoke, she rolled her eyes.

"You're starting to be so unattractive." She said to him, he felt offended. "Gir- what you tryna say Fay?"

"Nothing Zac, nothing." She got back on her phone, he got on his as well until the silence started to bother him.

He went over to where she was, seated in her little area. He pulled up a chair next to her and she noticed.

"What are you doing?"

"No Fatima, what are we doing? Why are we so out of sync? Why do I feel like you always holding back on me?"

He placed his hand on her thigh and she moved it off, he bit his lip staring into her eyes.

She looked down, "Zac we need to talk.." , "Clearly."

"Can I get myself together first?" He nodded, she got up and walked up their bedroom stairs.

She was up there for a good hour before coming back down, Zac was half asleep when she shook him.

"Okay I'm ready to talk." He sat up giving his undivided attention instead of bringing up how long she took.

"So?" Zac spoke as he stared at Fatima's unreadable expression. She gulped before she spoke.

"I don't want kids Zac ." His face changed, "I know you know already!" She cut him off before he even spoke.

"But I want kids." He said lowly not in a 'well I do' type of way but in a 'damn' type of way. She folded her arms shrugging.

"Well I guess this is it for us," she joked but he didn't fine it funny. "Yo, you serious right now?"

"You need to be with someone who wants the same things as you." She explained trying to justify her actions.

"So being together since 7th grade has no meaning to you at all Huh?" He stood up now mad.

It wasn't even about how long they've been together it was the fact that they're damn near perfect for each other.

They know each other like no one else does, they're so telepathically in sync it's kind of crazy.

They know what each other's thinking, feeling or even wondering before either one of them has to say anything.

"It does mean something Zac, but I don't want kids and you want a family so bad." She expressed.

"Okay, I've said I'll settle for no kids to be with you." He spoke, he said it but it wasn't true. "No you won't, I won't let you."

"You deserve a wife and kids and I don't want any of that."

"We outgrew each other and it's okay." She said calmly but he was so mad with her and the way she was going about this.

"Come on Fatima, we've been together for 10 damn years. You can't be seriously really considering leaving me."

"I'm not considering anything Zachary." He stared at her in disbelief.

"10 years, no ring. Sex with a condom each and ever time. You knew what I wanted and have known for 10 years."

"You turned down 5 proposals and force me to wear a condom." He argued in his defense. "I love you and you've seem to forgot."

"I'm done Zac." she took off both her promise rings and handed them to him. "Fatima no!" He stood up.

He followed her up the stairs and begged her to stay, once they got to their bedroom he saw all the bags she packed.

"So this is what you were doing?" Fatima nodded, "I'm ready to move on, you should too."

"Fatima I love you." She kissed his cheek before grabbing her stuff. He watched her as she carried each one down and to her car.

"Here," she handed him the keys to the car he bought, she had her old car back. "Tima I'll do anything just don't go."

He grabbed her hand pulling her close, she pulled away. "I love you Zac." She kissed his cheek before getting in her car.

Zac stood there watching her pull off, as soon as he got inside he broke down in tears. He couldn't believe this.

His heart felt like somebody ripped it out and burned it. He just knew he was gone be with her for the rest of his life.

He never knew that this would be the end of their relationship. Sure they've had arguments in the past but nothing like this.

Zac never even lets their arguments get to far because he's so scared to say the wrong thing and loose her.

In their senior year he fucked up and lost her and now he's lost her again. He couldn't handle this level of pain.

His body felt weak and everything hurt.

He lost her.