With a sigh, I begin my shower routine while that song plays in the background. I could practically hear the faint voice in my mind earlier laugh at how tortuous this situation is. I'm starting to think I'm a masochist, but not for sex. Part of me wants to quickly finish this shower routine, while the other part wants to vigorously scrub my entire body until every bit of my dried sweat is gone off my body. I'm conflicted, and this song playing in the background isn't helping my situation at all. After a minute of deliberation of what I should do, I decided to keep torturing myself on listening to this song while I try my best to keep every inch of my body squeaky clean. This song would not stop me, but it might make me have a breakdown in the shower.

Luckily, the breakdown in the shower didn't happen once I hop out of the shower 10 minutes later. I begin to dry my entire body before grabbing my phone with my dry-out hands to stop the song. If I hear another repeat of that song, my sanity will break, and I will begin to curl on the floor in a fetal position while having a breakdown. Plus, I just finished taking a shower, lying on the bathroom floor would make that effort useless. Wrapping the towel around my waist, I grab my already-silenced phone before I feel a tear slip on my cheek.

As I head to my bedroom to grab some clean clothes, it just dawned on me that Ethan will visit me anytime soon. I definitely wouldn't let my best friend see me that I've almost had a breakdown. He wouldn't let me hear the end of it. Once I reached my wardrobe, I flung it open and grab some regular clothing: basically just a t-shirt and some pants. Nothing too classy and fashion since I've intended to stay on my apartment until the day is over. Then maybe the next day too, then the other day. Damn, I might have the most boring week vacation.

After I'm fully clothed, I head straight to my kitchen to see what I could make for breakfast. Scanning the ingredients I have in the kitchen, I could easily make a simple omelette, but the constant aroma of the left-over muffins I had last night keeps purging into my senses and telling my brain to eat the muffins for breakfast. Even my rumbling stomach agrees with the thought of eating muffins for breakfast. It is quite fitting since muffins are originally for breakfast, plus these are homemade with love by Ms. Jess, so it'll be a healthy breakfast.

I stroll to my desk, since I just learned that I've left the basket of muffins on the desk right before I go to sleep. As I reach for the basket handle, my eyes dart towards the flimsy paper lying on the desk while a stapler held it down. I can't believe I actually wrote that entire letter manually. Part of me wonders if Gail appreciates handwritten letters. After all those years, I still remember all of her favorites and preferred things, but time flies and people change, so I don't think if handwritten letters are still her preferred things to receive.

Grabbing both the letter and the basket, I head straight back to the living room and place both of them on the coffee table. I place something heavy to hold down the flimsy paper on the table—the closest thing I could find is a miniature figure of an elephant—I have no idea how I got this and when did I acquire this interesting figurine. Nonetheless, once I've placed the elephant figurine on the paper, I begin my search to find the TV remote. Nothing sounds better than watching something on the TV while eating muffins for breakfast. I deserve this treatment after almost my pair of legs.

I slide open a drawer on the TV stand to see if I've stashed the remote in there. After a minute of me digging my hands in the drawer, I finally feel the familiar sensation of a remote-like object. I would be surprise if this remote I'm feeling is just a toy remote for kids because I don't have any kids in my apartment, that would be weird. But no, it's the actual remote to my TV. I gently kick the drawer shut while heading back to the couch. It's time to sit back, relax, and eat muffins for breakfast. I press the power button on the TV, and it's time to spend a few minutes to see what interesting things I could watch. After a full on—I release a heavy sigh—15 minutes of looking around something interesting to watch, I finally settled on watching a mystery thriller movie.