I closed my laptop and my journal, leaving them on the futon along with my blanket as I headed down the ladder. I saw Sam sitting on the couch sipping his coffee. He looked up at me, careful to meet my eyes. I smiled softly, signifying that I was okay. He settled back into the couch and I tousled his long hair as I passed him. He let out a sweet laugh as he looked back at the TV. Dean was in the kitchen eating the last piece of pie. I looked him up and down.

"Really man?" I asked. He pouted.

"I'm crippled." He said with big puppy dog eyes. I gestured down to the boot on my foot.

"Me too, asshole." I said. He rolled his eyes and held out the piece of pie. I took his fork and took a couple bites. Dean stared at me like a kicked puppy and I didn't know if I wasn't hungry or if I actually felt guilty, but I handed it back to him. Dean took it excitedly.

"I love-" He cut himself off. I knew what he was going to say, "- pie." He finished. I bit my lip, feeling tears well up in my eyes again as I turned away from the man I loved most in the world. I knew Sam had heard every word of our interaction.

"I- uh- I'm gonna go downstairs and clean my guns." I murmured, pulling open the basement door. I headed down, grabbing a gun off the wall and a bottle of gun cleaner and a rag. I sat on my couch, just trying to unwind for a moment. I took deep breaths as I cleaned the gun, just trying to stop my guilty conscience from taking over my body. If it did I feared I might run upstairs, take Dean into my arms, and never let him go. His almost-proclamation of love had made my heart ache. I heard the basement door creak open and footsteps coming down. The steps were even and quick, so I knew it wasn't Mr. Cripple upstairs. I looked up seeing Sam stepping down onto the basement floor. He met my gaze.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded, piecing my, now clean, gun back together.

"Yeah." I murmured. Sam leaned on the bannister.

"I know somethings wrong." Sam said, quietly. This was my moment to prompt them to leave.

"I think it's just... being here with-"

"Us." Sam finished. I looked away. Technically it was the truth, being with Dean everyday was painful and since that interaction with Sam- I just couldn't do it anymore. It was too much pressure to be with them everyday, trying to hide all this, trying to keep them safe- my mother- my sister- the case- it was all just too much.

"Hey, hey, hey-" Sam shooshed, coming over to me. I hadn't realised it, but tears were dripping down my cheeks. I wiped them hurriedly, "(Y/n), I'm so fucking sorry." Sam said, kneeling in front of me. I bit my lip.

"I'm okay." I murmured, not meeting his eyes.

"Dean and I can leave." Sam said, taking one of my hands. I knew that I probably looked as defeated as I felt. "Just let us pack up and we can be out of here by tomorrow." I felt my heart aching at the thought of them both leaving me here alone, but I had to keep them safe.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, biting the inside of my cheek anxiously.

"I know Dean will understand, we'll be out by tomorrow." Sam assured me, tears welling up in his own eyes. I stayed quiet for a few short moments.

"Thank you..." I whispered. Sam gave me a small nod and a solemn smile. I squeezed his hand and he rubbed my hand knowingly. He brought my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles softly. He let my hand go before heading up the stairs. I bit my lip, wiping my tears and hearing him shut the basement door behind him. I put my gun on the coffee table. I picked up my bottle of gun cleaner, reading the bottle. I felt terrible for making them leave. I knew Dean was in pain- in more ways than one- and I felt like shit for kicking them to the curb... but my mom was right. I had to keep them safe- that was my main priority moving forward. Their safety had to be my main priority. That didn't make me feel any better though...